GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chipping a PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/12/01 at 15:22
Regular
i was thinking about getting my soon to be PS2 chipped with the neo 4 chip (soon to be as i'm getting it for xmas) or maybe the messigh chip (think thats spelt wrong?)

anyway anyone here have a chipped PS2 and what are the pros and cons of playing jap and us imports?
Wed 12/12/01 at 15:22
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i was thinking about getting my soon to be PS2 chipped with the neo 4 chip (soon to be as i'm getting it for xmas) or maybe the messigh chip (think thats spelt wrong?)

anyway anyone here have a chipped PS2 and what are the pros and cons of playing jap and us imports?
Wed 12/12/01 at 15:57
dont get your ps2 chipped, it is illegal and neway y would u want to play jap and us games when they come out here neway? the point is that they may cost a little less, but then you have to ship them, unless you visit the USA or Japan regularly.
Wed 12/12/01 at 16:10
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm surpised this thread hasn't been removed yet, don't chip your ps2 simple as that, you help companies lose loads of money by playing chipped games.
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:09
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
It isn't illegal to chip your PS2 plus the advantage of being able to play imports is that the games are out way earlier than here (metal geal is already out in the us) plus there are loads of strange jap games that never come out here.

I had a cart for my PS1 so i could play imports and i got the tekken 3 us version so i could see anna's uncut ending and i got parasite eve 1 which never came out over here.

is everyone here against imports?
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:17
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Everybody...it IS illegal to chip a PS2! When you chip it, it means you can play copied games. People copy loads of games then sell it on the street. sPIKe2K's right, companies lose a lot of profit from chipped consoles, and there's no way PS2 can go down the gutter because of inconsiderate plonkers like yourself.

Get real, stay real and don't chip your PS2. We want more games and software to come out for it don't we, so the more people chip their PS2's the less the chance of that happening.
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:21
Regular
"  "
ITS NOT ILLEGAL GODDAMIT!!!!!!!!! ONLY SELLING CHIPS OR COPIED GAMES IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!Using them isn't!!
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:23
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
no chipping isn't illegal buying and playing pirates is.

now i want to play imports not pirates in fact i hate pirates. i admit i had 1 pirate on my PS1 which was driver but i liked the game so much i ended up buying it as i got fed up with the disk swapping but later on i've found that pirates are cack you get no manual plus the game company losses out.

all i want to do is play the odd import and your all jumping to conclusions and saying i want to play pirates.

you should take your time and read my question again and you'll notice that i don't mention wanting to play pirates.

Anyone here got any views on chipping to play IMPORTS not bleeding copies?
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:25
Regular
"  "
Absoloutly!
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:25
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
uk_vamp, I don't understand! Why would you want to buy imports when they're more expensive than prices here. Way expensive in fact. You might as well buy games here!
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:29
Regular
"  "
nothing wrong with imports.....only problem is u need a wide vocab of lots of languages......but its good to play games like gt concept that won't be released here

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.