GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chipping a PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/12/01 at 15:22
Regular
i was thinking about getting my soon to be PS2 chipped with the neo 4 chip (soon to be as i'm getting it for xmas) or maybe the messigh chip (think thats spelt wrong?)

anyway anyone here have a chipped PS2 and what are the pros and cons of playing jap and us imports?
Mon 17/12/01 at 00:33
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
idiot you've just told everyone that your gunna pirate a game on a public web site. now if you read all the replies i was talking about playing imports but it's people like you that ruin it the gaming industry for everyone else.

i hate pirates ever since i got a pirate copy of tomb raide and it was a bad copy i felt ripped off but in the end i bought it on import officialy.

hope you get raided
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:36
Regular
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> First off, blimeyoreilly, I don't believe for one second you've chipped your own
> PS2 as the "solder points" vary in size not only on the one board, but
> also between varying versions of the console - the ones on the new V5 consoles
> are huge.

why would you doubt that I could chip my own ps2 ? Just because you could't do something yourself does not mean any one couldn't do it. If companies are offering a chiopping service, then some people are able to do it. I do alot of fine dissection at work, and the dexterity needed for this job was pretty minimal by comparison.

I bought a neo2 last december, and chipped it in around 20 mins, using diagrams of the motherboard from the modchips website. The expensive bit was the action replay disc, bringing the whole chipping deal to a whopping £35. About the price of a new game. The console has worked faultlessly since, however, if it does blow up, I'll just buy a new one

I really don't mind being called a liar by you, I'll just have to settle for an inexpensive collection of ps2 games. I'm just off to play tony hawks 3 (£3.75 rental from blockbuster, 20 mins reducing the files to fit on a cdr, 2 mins hacking the sles file, 10 mins to write it to a cdr)

I really am looking forward to getting a dvd/rw drive

ps, are you a real Dr ? I am
Sun 16/12/01 at 06:17
Just go to www.modchip.com and look for yourself.
Sat 15/12/01 at 14:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Looking for cheap games than SR sell them cheap. If your after cheap cheap games, go to the local market and find some fool whos selling pirate games.
Sat 15/12/01 at 14:26
look i kno where i can chip my ps2 but where can get really cheap games
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:18
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
http://www.videogamecompany.com/ can help wiv chipping your ps2 , or if u just wanna do a bit of research into chipping.

they have also got imported game cubes wiv star wars rouge leader for sale.
Fri 14/12/01 at 15:34
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i'm gunna take a back seat for a while see what happens with the chips then decide.

Have to say some people on here really do there homework not mentioning any names (Dr Gonzo)
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:40
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I'm not answering any of those questions, but just going to laugh a little at the 100 wires thing - there's nowhere near that many! 36 on the NEO 4 IIRC.
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:34
can i get a mod-chip for PS2 with out opening up the PS2?

if or when can i get one?

thanxs
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:32
i heard that there were a devive called BOX a blue mod-chip converter with only one wire to solder for the PS2.

and the modchip for PS2 is supposed to have over 100 connections is this true?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.