GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Download of the Day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/07 at 14:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It's back! :)
There are some differences this time around though. The last one had to end as we were linking to illegal files on this site so the download element is gone (new title anyone?) but there are now so many music hosting sites that it should be reasonably easy to run this, youtube etc.
So, to re-establish the rules and some new things, cause it's been a while.

1 song a day
5 songs a week
You pick a day you want
You then pick a song for that day
Everyone reviews said song on that day
And so on

A new rule i'm bringing in this time is that the songs should be kept private until the day, otherwise people end up skipping ahead.
If anyone wants to email me their song beforehand, incase theyre not around on the day or they want me to find it, send to [email protected]. This is my old address. In the unlikely event you cant find the song you're after online, i suggest windows movie maker and youtube.
I'm starting on Monday and i'll see how it goes. Further dates are available.

Tuesday - Chaos
Monday - BLJ

Friday 13th July - MJ
Thursday 12th July - Bob The Moose
Wednesday 11th July - Der Nazi
Tuesday 10th July
Monday 9th July - Alfonse

Friday 6th July - Chaos
Thursday 5th July - MJ
Wednesday 4th July - Nin
Tuesday 3rd July - Bob the Moose
Monday 2nd July - Chaos

Friday 29th June - Alfonse
Thursday 28th June - BLJ
Wednesday 27th June - MJ
Tuesday 26th June - Der Nazi
Monday 25th June - Chaos
Wed 04/07/07 at 22:49
Regular
"Mooching around"
May I take friday, I promise to choose a song most will like :)
Wed 04/07/07 at 13:04
Regular
Ah right, misled by things I read on youtube, a common occurrence :]

[edit] My recommendation for tomorrow may be more to your suiting Nin, may have to put it up a little early though as I'm not going to be home from this evening onwards till tomorrow evening.
Wed 04/07/07 at 12:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
If it was in Skins i never heard it. I think someone might have created a Skins video for it.
Wed 04/07/07 at 09:29
Regular
Haven't really got much to critique on the song as I wasn't paying overly much attention to the lyrics but I enjoyed it. I generally enjoy simple acoustic music though so thats no doubt why. People in the comments are saying it was in Skins? Do you know what episode?
Wed 04/07/07 at 04:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Wed 04/07/07 at 03:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Monday 2nd - Chaos
Truly truly awful. I'm sure they nicked a sample from Streets of Rage II and it's not as if theyre not geeky enough having already stolen their name from Street Fighter.

Tuesday 3rd Bob the Moose
Bah, the opening had my hopes up for an epic bit of classical music. That was soon replaced by something i can only describe as b**locks at the speed of light. I hate this "Rargh i'm so angry" style that all you gits seem to love.
Tue 03/07/07 at 13:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Garin wrote:
> I had a listen to most of these songs last night. Frankly you've
> all scarred me for life. :(

I've not exactly been a fan so far either so why dont you pick a day?
Tue 03/07/07 at 13:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, that's... pretty awesome. Now, where's my two-handed broadsword? :D
Tue 03/07/07 at 12:33
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I had a listen to most of these songs last night. Frankly you've all scarred me for life. :(
Tue 03/07/07 at 11:38
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
No, it's not from the film. The video is something someone on youtube just put together, presumably. There are a few others of Scandinavian metal bands to LoTR, though that's by far the most professional one.
A lot of the folk/viking bands are Tolkien nerds though and IMO their music fits well within a LoTR style atmosphere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.