GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"were are the xboxs games. one new game ant-going cut it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 18:02
Regular
weres the games ps2 has all the games.
Mon 31/03/03 at 07:23
Regular
"BOSE"
so Maverick, i'll ask again..as you gave me a crappy, immature answer like someone talking to someone on the phone saying what they wanna say and then hanging up "oh, and substance is better on PS2". how does PS2 have better games? and how is MGS2 better on PS2? the Xbox versaion's the same with heaps more on it. the "oh, and substance is better on PS2" isin't proof, not even a theory. you just said that without backing it up. Xbox don't have a crap catalogue either! tell me why you think this too
Sun 30/03/03 at 22:39
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Oh please Mav, don't give out how GC has better games than PS2 then
> comment on XBox having a "crap back catalogue".

Why not?

> The GC has gotta have the worst back catalogue of the 3 to call up on
> and it really relies on Nintendo's own games.

How d'you work that one out then?

> Of course for you its the same situation with the GC, but really,
> don't make yourself look dopey by trying to say that and follow up
> with a dig about back catalogues.

By 'back catalogues', I just mean the games out for it. Dopey? I think not.
Sun 30/03/03 at 20:49
Regular
Yall still arguing?

Hehe
Sun 30/03/03 at 20:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Oh please Mav, don't give out how GC has better games than PS2 then comment on XBox having a "crap back catalogue".
The GC has gotta have the worst back catalogue of the 3 to call up on and it really relies on Nintendo's own games.

All 3 systems have good games and what has the best games comes down to personal preference. For me, the XBox has better games than the PS2 because it provides me with more games that I want to play. The bonus is that a lot of top titles that are out on PS2 are also out on XBox.
Of course for you its the same situation with the GC, but really, don't make yourself look dopey by trying to say that and follow up with a dig about back catalogues.
Sun 30/03/03 at 11:52
Regular
Daveus wrote:
> Maverick42 "The PS2 has better games though. And Substance is a
> better version on PS2." better games? do tell us more :-)
> and i don't believe Substance is better on PS2 because the Xbox
> versaion is bigger and better

What's to tell? PS2 has better games than Xbox and GC has better games than PS2. No console is crap, just the games and at the moment the Xbox has a crap back catalogue. It does, however, have a fantastic 2003 line-up which is why I'll be buying one soon.

Oh, and Substance is better on PS2.
Sat 29/03/03 at 16:00
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> Having said that, I did spend 3 hours plus yesterday on Frikkin' Mario
> trying to get past a frikkin' level.

Yeahm, Mario Sunshine can get frikkin' frustrating at times. Especially the red coin levels, They really annoy me...Or when you fall off on those "non backpack" levels. Thats when it gets frikkin frustrating.

All in all, Great game.

Anyway.

1.Xbox
2.Gamcube
3.PS2
Sat 29/03/03 at 08:08
Regular
"BOSE"
Mant, i wouldn't bother with these prats, man. most of them don't make intelligent enough comments to bother with. most of them don't get their facts right before they type

Dynasty Warrior "weres the games ps2 has all the games."

my nephew's 6 and he could easily come up with something far more intelligent to say than that. he's also obsessed with my Xbox. we all know there's heaps of games for the Xbox.

Dynasty Warrior "i wish they make games like final fantasy,shinobi remix,devil may cry 2 remix, something new and worth 50 bucks. they make the same stuff thats out all ready."

they make new games all the time, Mr Dippy! let me get you up to speed...the Final Fantasy series, Shinobi Remix, Devil May Cry 2 Remix (Remix, what the???). those games are specifically for PS2. just like the GC and the Xbox. each console has a selection that you can't get on any other console so you think "shall i buy an Xbox, a GC or a PS2???" and it's quid or pounds over here! not bucks. we're not Yanks

Dynasty Warrior "Im not trying to down the xbox but they said the xbox is the power system. HALO 1,2 are the best for a shooter but what about the rpgs,action,fighting. when i first got my xbox i was happy as hell but now im not. xbox needs more japanese company to make hot games look at the ps2 more good games then any system. bill gates you have to beat the best before you can claim it. XBOX PLEASE MORE GAMES THE BETTER."

you're not trying to down the Xbox? you've done it like 2 times now. Xbox is the power system yeah. we have no games? i can't be bothered to type out all the types of games Xbox has, and the list it far too long. so you could go here: http://www.xbox.com /uk/games/ (remove space)

Maverick42 "The PS2 has better games though. And Substance is a better version on PS2." better games? do tell us more :-)
and i don't believe Substance is better on PS2 because the Xbox versaion is bigger and better
Fri 28/03/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Maverick wrote:
> The PS2 has better games though.

I disagree, and it has been out long you know. In fact more games wee released in Xboxs first year than Ps2s.

> And Substance is a better version on PS2.

Fair enough. Thats one. Two other potentials are Wreakless- more levels on PS2 but vastly downgraded graphics and argubly Splinter Cell, few more levels but lacks the smoothness and graphical polish of Xbox version- and that view was shared by a PS2 mag.

bar that, xbox version wins.
Fri 28/03/03 at 21:54
Regular
The PS2 has better games though. And Substance is a better version on PS2.
Fri 28/03/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
In some cases its very clear the Xbox is getting the far superior version, thus the better game.

Look at Return to Castle Wolfenstine, voted game of the Year on PC which is coming to PS2 and Xbox.

Ps2 version: Improvements to single player mode, new secrets in levels, new weapons, 2 player deathmatch split screen mode

Xbox Version: Improvements to single player mode, entire new prequil campain desert seige not in PC version, new secrets in levels, new weapons, 2 play CO operatve mode for full game, 4 player split screen multiplayer, system link mode and Xbox Live online play. And I didn't even dwell on the graphical and sound improvements.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.