GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Disturbing March results for box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 23:58
Regular
I was going to call it the March massacre. The PS2's big release Devil May Cry 2 appears at the end of the month but Nintendo and X-box are fighting throughout it.

Nintendo released 5 exclusive games for all ages, Super Monkey Ball 2, Resident Evil: 0, Phantasy Star Online Edition 1 and 2, Sonic Mega Collection and Metroid Prime. These are all popular series' and with large advertisement for Resident Evil: 0 (damn good advert) and Metroid Prime sales will undoubtably increase for the Gamecube. Add this with price drops for their console and game bundles and in store price drops (£99 amd £80). Gamecube will surly enjoy a good month.

But what about the competiton? Well the X-box wasn't going to give up it's lead so easily. Despite the Gamecube almost running neck and neck with it heading into March, the X-box was always in the stronger position. Massivly popular MGS2 and X-box Live plus games should have seen the X-box flying. Especially with the over kill of X-box live advertisement. Ant and Dec playing X-box live... indeed. Nevertheless sales for X-box dropped over 10% in the last week. Comparitivly the PS2 dropped the same amount whilst the Gamecube rose dramatically by 60%.

Surly that's not good?
Mon 31/03/03 at 17:59
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Oh, and PSO Rp 1 & 2 will be out on Xbox in May.
>
> As stated in the same announcement that said Sega Europe is coming
> back and will start publishing games in the EU again.
>
> So, Dringo, it looks like you are wrong. Again.

Looks like I'm wrong? How does that prove me wrong?

Fact: Phantasy Star Card Battles are coming out for Gamecube...

Rumour: Phantasy Star Card Battles are coming out for X-box.

Yep it maybe true BUT at the moment it isn't and so therefore I am not wrong.

Also I will say this until I die... the Phantasy Star Online game for the X-box is not the special edition game released on the Gamecube.

That is why the X-box game is called Phantasy Star Online and the Gamecube one is Phantasy Star Online: Edition 1 and 2.

Not wrong.
Mon 31/03/03 at 18:01
Regular
beanz wrote:
> yeah gamespot have even had a hands on impression of pso ep 1 and 2 on
> the xbox...wouldn't make sense for them suddenly to take away ep 2...

The game features everything the Gamecube game has except the extra level and the tiny upgrades in gameplay features the Gamecube has. The x-box version is a graphically improved port of Episode 2.
Mon 31/03/03 at 18:01
Regular
Ok, fair do's.
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:56
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
You do release Episode I and II are the same game (II with some extra weapons)
Tue 01/04/03 at 13:07
Regular
No they're not, Episode 2 is much harder and has a completly new Pioneer 2, enemies and levels.

I should know, i've got Episode 1 + 2 in my Cube at the moment.
Tue 01/04/03 at 15:20
Regular
Taken from computerandvideogames.com:

Phantasy Star Online is a massive online RPG and was a launch title for GameCube's online adaptors - not that you'd have noticed - but expect more of a song and dance when Sega releases its online spectacular on Xbox.
Sega Europe is publishing its own games from now on, and hopefully adding a bit more pazzazz than the damp squib of the Nintendo release...

Phantasy Star Online I & II features exclusive downloadable quests via Xbox Live, and can still be played with four players offline if you so desire.

As Sega is releasing PSO I & II, it comes complete with two games in one, letting you team up with up to three friends or with an offline four-player split screen mode.

Randomly, if you're taking on someone from the States and don't understand a word, then don't worry. PSO features a universal translation system that lets online players seamlessly communicate while playing - no matter what language they speak.

How does this work? Ask a Dreamcast owner - it's a smart idea and it's due to arrive on Xbox this May.

Nick Walkland
- - - - - -

Right, that's that finally sorted...
Tue 01/04/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Festivus!"
Blank wrote:
> Why the need to come here and brag?

It was a question at the end. He wasn't going to make a post about the X-Box failing in the Nintendo forum, was he now?
Tue 01/04/03 at 17:50
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Right, that's that finally sorted...

Only because it's exactly what you wanted to hear.
Tue 01/04/03 at 17:53
Regular
From SEGA.com:

"Attention all Hunters - a new mission awaits you. To begin your assignment, you must land on Planet Ragol via an alternate spaceship known as...the Nintendo GameCube™! In this latest version of Sonic Team's award-winning RPG series, you get two games in one. Episode I gives you all the hit content and gameplay from the original PSO and PSO ver.2. Episode II brings a new full-length adventure that's exclusive to the Nintendo GameCube.

Features:

New split-screen action lets up to four heroes team up or compete on the same Nintendo GameCube.
All of the content from PSO and PSO ver.2, plus a new full-length adventure.
Test your endurance with Challenge Mode, or reign as the supreme champion of player vs. player combat in Battle Mode.
Real-time combat against new, more powerful monsters.
New dungeons and areas to explore, new rare items to find, and new quests to download!
-----
Right, that's sorted...
Tue 01/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am a very regular ign viewer I subscribe to it and I have to say pso 1 &2 barely much difference in my opinion anyways are coming out for the xbox dont think the card battles are ?

then again I may be wrong

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.