GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Disturbing March results for box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 23:58
Regular
I was going to call it the March massacre. The PS2's big release Devil May Cry 2 appears at the end of the month but Nintendo and X-box are fighting throughout it.

Nintendo released 5 exclusive games for all ages, Super Monkey Ball 2, Resident Evil: 0, Phantasy Star Online Edition 1 and 2, Sonic Mega Collection and Metroid Prime. These are all popular series' and with large advertisement for Resident Evil: 0 (damn good advert) and Metroid Prime sales will undoubtably increase for the Gamecube. Add this with price drops for their console and game bundles and in store price drops (£99 amd £80). Gamecube will surly enjoy a good month.

But what about the competiton? Well the X-box wasn't going to give up it's lead so easily. Despite the Gamecube almost running neck and neck with it heading into March, the X-box was always in the stronger position. Massivly popular MGS2 and X-box Live plus games should have seen the X-box flying. Especially with the over kill of X-box live advertisement. Ant and Dec playing X-box live... indeed. Nevertheless sales for X-box dropped over 10% in the last week. Comparitivly the PS2 dropped the same amount whilst the Gamecube rose dramatically by 60%.

Surly that's not good?
Wed 26/03/03 at 22:07
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
DCs sold like hot cakes after it went to £70 in japan. Still didn't stop it from going down the tubes.

And seeing as Xboxes have been selling on avergae twice as many GC since christmas in the UK, GC going up 60% and Xbox down 10% probably brings them around level.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:54
Regular
Mantis wrote:

> And seeing as Xboxes have been selling on avergae twice as many GC
> since christmas in the UK, GC going up 60% and Xbox down 10% probably
> brings them around level.

Not really... this was until february until the Gamecube with game deal brought them level.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:56
Regular
beanz wrote:
> i'm sure phantasy star online ep 1 and 2 are coming to the xbox too at
> some time

Phantasy Star online is, PSO edition 1 and 2 and the future card battles release is not.
Fri 28/03/03 at 10:38
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Phantasy Star online is, PSO edition 1 and 2 and the future card
> battles release is not.

We are getting the card battles (whatever they are) according to a leaked release list from Sega themselves.

Taken from computerandvideogames.com:

Sega Europe's 2003 release list has been leaked, according to various reports on the Internet. If accurate, a broad range of hitherto unannounced titles is on its way to all next-gen formats by the end of the year, including some big-name sequels. With Sega Europe having just effectively re-opened for business as a European publishing force, the leaked information, if true, is likely to cause rather painful internal headaches.
Here's the ostensible list of Sega Europe's forthcoming titles in full:

Phantasy Star Online - Xbox (May 16)

Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution - PS2 (July)

Otogi - Xbox (August)

Puyo Pop - PS2, Xbox, GC (August)

Phantasy Star Online Card Battle - Xbox, GC (October)

Altered Beast - PS2 (October)

Initial D - PS2 (October)

Headhunter 2 - PS2 (October)

Giant Egg - GC (October/November)

Sonic Hero - GC (November)

Sega Rally 3 - PS2 (Q1 2004)

Mister Golf - PS2 (Q1 2004)

Management Soccer - PS2 (Q1 2004)
We contacted Sega Europe for confirmation, but a spokesperson would only tell us: "This is a rumour and we don't comment on rumours." But sources are already insisting upon the verity of several of these titles.

The prospect of a new Headhunter title, Sega Rally 3 and more Sonic fun has certainly got our juices flowing. Expect more to be revealed in the run up to E3 - as ever, we'll keep our ears firmly to the ground.
Fri 28/03/03 at 16:27
Regular
Oh, and PSO Rp 1 & 2 will be out on Xbox in May.

As stated in the same announcement that said Sega Europe is coming back and will start publishing games in the EU again.

So, Dringo, it looks like you are wrong. Again.
Fri 28/03/03 at 21:10
Regular
Check the SEGA site. It says Episodes 1 & 2 are exclusive to GC. So stop being so hostile, alright?
Fri 28/03/03 at 21:13
Regular
What the hell's card battles anyway?

Sounds like a load of crap to me.
Fri 28/03/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Every Xbox magazine I've read has said PSo includes episodes one and two seen in the Gc version.

We will see whenever its released.
Sat 29/03/03 at 11:27
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah gamespot have even had a hands on impression of pso ep 1 and 2 on the xbox...wouldn't make sense for them suddenly to take away ep 2...
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cyclone wrote:
> Ah the irony.
>
> I'm sure half of you would be bragging if it was the other way
> round.
>
> Don't deny it.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me. I don't even own an Xbox...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.