GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Disturbing March results for box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 23:58
Regular
I was going to call it the March massacre. The PS2's big release Devil May Cry 2 appears at the end of the month but Nintendo and X-box are fighting throughout it.

Nintendo released 5 exclusive games for all ages, Super Monkey Ball 2, Resident Evil: 0, Phantasy Star Online Edition 1 and 2, Sonic Mega Collection and Metroid Prime. These are all popular series' and with large advertisement for Resident Evil: 0 (damn good advert) and Metroid Prime sales will undoubtably increase for the Gamecube. Add this with price drops for their console and game bundles and in store price drops (£99 amd £80). Gamecube will surly enjoy a good month.

But what about the competiton? Well the X-box wasn't going to give up it's lead so easily. Despite the Gamecube almost running neck and neck with it heading into March, the X-box was always in the stronger position. Massivly popular MGS2 and X-box Live plus games should have seen the X-box flying. Especially with the over kill of X-box live advertisement. Ant and Dec playing X-box live... indeed. Nevertheless sales for X-box dropped over 10% in the last week. Comparitivly the PS2 dropped the same amount whilst the Gamecube rose dramatically by 60%.

Surly that's not good?
Tue 25/03/03 at 23:58
Regular
I was going to call it the March massacre. The PS2's big release Devil May Cry 2 appears at the end of the month but Nintendo and X-box are fighting throughout it.

Nintendo released 5 exclusive games for all ages, Super Monkey Ball 2, Resident Evil: 0, Phantasy Star Online Edition 1 and 2, Sonic Mega Collection and Metroid Prime. These are all popular series' and with large advertisement for Resident Evil: 0 (damn good advert) and Metroid Prime sales will undoubtably increase for the Gamecube. Add this with price drops for their console and game bundles and in store price drops (£99 amd £80). Gamecube will surly enjoy a good month.

But what about the competiton? Well the X-box wasn't going to give up it's lead so easily. Despite the Gamecube almost running neck and neck with it heading into March, the X-box was always in the stronger position. Massivly popular MGS2 and X-box Live plus games should have seen the X-box flying. Especially with the over kill of X-box live advertisement. Ant and Dec playing X-box live... indeed. Nevertheless sales for X-box dropped over 10% in the last week. Comparitivly the PS2 dropped the same amount whilst the Gamecube rose dramatically by 60%.

Surly that's not good?
Wed 26/03/03 at 08:55
Regular
Can you actually quote some figures and where you got them from please?
Wed 26/03/03 at 12:24
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm sure phantasy star online ep 1 and 2 are coming to the xbox too at some time
Wed 26/03/03 at 12:44
Regular
"BOSE"
yeah, they're coming out soon
Wed 26/03/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Sales up by 10%, down by 10%. Who cares!
Microsoft is committed to the future of Xbox and that's all that matters, and it will succeed and IS succeeding.
Hopefully the growing success of the Xbox won't curtail the future of Nintendo's game systems.
The videogame market is surely big enough for 3 consoles.
Wed 26/03/03 at 13:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Why the need to come here and brag?
Wed 26/03/03 at 17:57
"For the horde!!!!"
Don't take it to heart i'm sure Halo 2 will boost sales at some point.
Wed 26/03/03 at 18:13
Regular
Who cares about stupid figures. Did it ever occur as to why the PS2 and XBox sales figures dropped by 10%? It could be because a lot of people already have a PS2 and XBox? Then again it could be because the Gamecube is only £99? Anywho i'm sure that Billy Gates and his chums have something stored up their multi-Billion doller sleave for the future, and not just Halo 2 and Fable(AKA Project Ego).
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:17
Regular
Sales = Nothing
Games = Everything.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah the irony.

I'm sure half of you would be bragging if it was the other way round.

Don't deny it.

I agree Gamezfreak.

Bla bla bla.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.