GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Disturbing March results for box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 23:58
Regular
I was going to call it the March massacre. The PS2's big release Devil May Cry 2 appears at the end of the month but Nintendo and X-box are fighting throughout it.

Nintendo released 5 exclusive games for all ages, Super Monkey Ball 2, Resident Evil: 0, Phantasy Star Online Edition 1 and 2, Sonic Mega Collection and Metroid Prime. These are all popular series' and with large advertisement for Resident Evil: 0 (damn good advert) and Metroid Prime sales will undoubtably increase for the Gamecube. Add this with price drops for their console and game bundles and in store price drops (£99 amd £80). Gamecube will surly enjoy a good month.

But what about the competiton? Well the X-box wasn't going to give up it's lead so easily. Despite the Gamecube almost running neck and neck with it heading into March, the X-box was always in the stronger position. Massivly popular MGS2 and X-box Live plus games should have seen the X-box flying. Especially with the over kill of X-box live advertisement. Ant and Dec playing X-box live... indeed. Nevertheless sales for X-box dropped over 10% in the last week. Comparitivly the PS2 dropped the same amount whilst the Gamecube rose dramatically by 60%.

Surly that's not good?
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:10
Regular
your tagline= :[ = majorly not funny
Thu 03/04/03 at 20:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Silent85 wrote:
> blank see that thing on your shoulder??
>
>
>
> yea.....yea....
>
>
>
> its a chip ya know you should get it off.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Thu 03/04/03 at 17:30
Regular
SEGA or C&VG?

Now I don't really care it is an outdated game and X-box live has better titles.

But I insist the Gamecube version is larger as i've seen the box for the X-box one and it seemed like a different styled game to me.
Thu 03/04/03 at 11:09
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> That is why the X-box game is called Phantasy Star Online and the
> Gamecube one is Phantasy Star Online: Edition 1 and 2.

Why does C&VG.com say this then:

"Phantasy Star Online I & II features exclusive downloadable quests via Xbox Live, and can still be played with four players offline if you so desire.

As Sega is releasing PSO I & II, it comes complete with two games in one, letting you team up with up to three friends or with an offline four-player split screen mode."

We get 1 and 2 as well.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the difference is. Is Ep 2 a brand new sequel?
Wed 02/04/03 at 23:28
Regular
Top Score should be a notable.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:30
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Tribute wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> Why the need to come here and brag?
>
> It was a question at the end. He wasn't going to make a post about
> the
> X-Box failing in the Nintendo forum, was he now?
>
>
> Strange thing to say, considering he did.

Awww come on if we can't have a console war once in a while these forums become dull. If top score can't be found then I guess I'll have to be the one to initiate it. Don't criticise me for inflaming a debate.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:25
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
>
> You were saying it's not coming out on Xbox. It is. Therefore, that's
> that sorted.

No we didn't we said the Gamecube was getting a larger game and we are. Taken from the SEGA website:

"Episode II brings a new full-length adventure that's exclusive to the Nintendo GameCube."

That is what we were saying, the Gamecube is getting a game that is larger than the X-box version. Also downloadable content is avalible on the Gamecube version too... not sure how mind.
Wed 02/04/03 at 11:19
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
blank see that thing on your shoulder??

yea.....yea....

its a chip ya know you should get it off.
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Tribute wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> Why the need to come here and brag?
>
> It was a question at the end. He wasn't going to make a post about the
> X-Box failing in the Nintendo forum, was he now?

Strange thing to say, considering he did.
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:40
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
i dont care I wont miss out whatever the outcome due to me having all 3 systems

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.