GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony PS3 [SLIM] - lost HDMI connection [RESOLVEDish]"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/04/11 at 09:00
"Are you sure?"
Hi Gamers!

Yesterday my son's PS3 lost it's HDMI connection. Was working fine then the next time he went to use it "no HDMI signal".

We've tried a different HDMI cable with the same results.

We've also tried using a different TV - on this one the HDMI connection showed a lot of green static/artefacts but still didn't work.

Re-cabling using the composite cable worked so the PS3 isn't totally fried!

Google shows lots of people have seen similar issues.
Some suggest holding down the power button for 5 seconds or so until a bleep is heard to reset the video - no change for us.

Others report performing formats/factory resets etc. have worked.

Before investigating anymore I thought I would ask Freeola's PS3 experts for their advice :¬)

Thanks in advance
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 31/10/11 at 00:24
"possibly impossible"
Dragonlance wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]Not really, we were here for Special Reserve and just ended up staying ;)

Dr.Garin wrote:
Us non-Freeola users can leave if you like. :-)

Didn't mean anything like that! Just an interesting question :¬)

Besides, I supported Special Reserve from the start - mail order and the local store, only at SR's conception I was a young 'father' who couldn't afford to even consider 'internet access'. Obviously your parents could and you have continued the family tradition :¬)[/i]

I'm not that young! ;)

Pre-Internet days I used Special Reserve from the ads in the back of the paper. The Internet only turned up many years later. Ah, those dial up days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.