GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony PS3 [SLIM] - lost HDMI connection [RESOLVEDish]"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/04/11 at 09:00
"Are you sure?"
Hi Gamers!

Yesterday my son's PS3 lost it's HDMI connection. Was working fine then the next time he went to use it "no HDMI signal".

We've tried a different HDMI cable with the same results.

We've also tried using a different TV - on this one the HDMI connection showed a lot of green static/artefacts but still didn't work.

Re-cabling using the composite cable worked so the PS3 isn't totally fried!

Google shows lots of people have seen similar issues.
Some suggest holding down the power button for 5 seconds or so until a bleep is heard to reset the video - no change for us.

Others report performing formats/factory resets etc. have worked.

Before investigating anymore I thought I would ask Freeola's PS3 experts for their advice :¬)

Thanks in advance
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 31/10/11 at 00:24
"possibly impossible"
Dragonlance wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]Not really, we were here for Special Reserve and just ended up staying ;)

Dr.Garin wrote:
Us non-Freeola users can leave if you like. :-)

Didn't mean anything like that! Just an interesting question :¬)

Besides, I supported Special Reserve from the start - mail order and the local store, only at SR's conception I was a young 'father' who couldn't afford to even consider 'internet access'. Obviously your parents could and you have continued the family tradition :¬)[/i]

I'm not that young! ;)

Pre-Internet days I used Special Reserve from the ads in the back of the paper. The Internet only turned up many years later. Ah, those dial up days.
Sun 30/10/11 at 22:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Not really, we were here for Special Reserve and just ended up staying ;)

Dr.Garin wrote:

Didn't mean anything like that! Just an interesting question :¬)

Besides, I supported Special Reserve from the start - mail order and the local store, only at SR's conception I was a young 'father' who couldn't afford to even consider 'internet access'. Obviously your parents could and you have continued the family tradition :¬)
Sun 30/10/11 at 20:35
Regular
"I like turtles"
THE SPEClALIST wrote:
hi this is nothing to do with your query can you tell me what freeola is like for online gaming the speed ping times and jitter i dont even have a ps3 i have an xbox its just that you was the only one on with a console cheers

I use a Freeola connection on Xbox Live and find it very good.
Sun 30/10/11 at 20:23
"possibly impossible"
Dragonlance wrote:
Hmmm... wrote:
[i]Plus all the other extras that come with Freeola!!!
Time to move back to Freeola?
According to the grapevine their (there) might be some more good news for some soon...

Interesting post .... just how many Freeola Forum members don't use Freeola as their ISP? Quite a few, it would seem! A crying shame and at times quite 'contradictory' :¬)[/i]

Not really, we were here for Special Reserve and just ended up staying ;)
Sun 30/10/11 at 18:48
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sun 30/10/11 at 18:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Plus all the other extras that come with Freeola!!!
According to the grapevine their (there) might be some more good news for some soon...

Interesting post .... just how many Freeola Forum members don't use Freeola as their ISP? Quite a few, it would seem! A crying shame and at times quite 'contradictory' :¬)
Sun 30/10/11 at 16:48
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
...I need a fair bit of allowance during office hours too due to working from home.

No problems on that count - I'm here working all week!

Once Freeola release their Android phone packages you'll come running! :¬P
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 30/10/11 at 15:50
"possibly impossible"
Hmmm... wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]The only thing I found was that I sometimes went over the limits during the week, but I think they've just increased these? I really needed unlimited usage though for the amount I get through.

Hi pb,
Yes the new Freeola Broadband tariffs are great!
Unlimited ALL weekend and from 7pm to 7am each weekday :¬)
Along with generous allowances during the office-hours peak time!

[s]Fanboi[/s]

According to the grapevine their might be some more good news for some soon... :¬)[/i]

I need a fair bit of allowance during office hours too due to working from home. Though mainly I'm with my company because I get phone, Internet and mobile on one tariff at the moment with a big discount.
Sun 30/10/11 at 15:32
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
The only thing I found was that I sometimes went over the limits during the week, but I think they've just increased these? I really needed unlimited usage though for the amount I get through.

Hi pb,
Yes the new Freeola Broadband tariffs are great!
Unlimited ALL weekend and from 7pm to 7am each weekday :¬)
Along with generous allowances during the office-hours peak time!

[s]Fanboi[/s]

According to the grapevine there might be some more good news for some soon... :¬)
Sun 30/10/11 at 14:55
"possibly impossible"
From my experience with Freeola it was fine for gaming and had good Ping times. I was playing on both 360 and PS3.

I had problems with BT Internet throttling PSN and I know others have problems with Virgin, even when they have 20Mbps connections over cable. With Onlive as well.

The only thing I found was that I sometimes went over the limits during the week, but I think they've just increased these? I really needed unlimited usage though for the amount I get through.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.