GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In A Spin Over Dual Shock"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/12/01 at 21:39
Regular
Any got any dual shock controllers with the analoge thumbs that spin around? Its annoying, is there a way to get the thumb pad off the stick and then be able to stick it back down with super glue? Or maybe phone Sony and blag another one. So whos in a spin about dual shock controllers?
Sat 09/04/11 at 17:16
Regular
dont know if this works but ill give it a try ;-)
Sat 09/04/11 at 10:28
Regular
"Mistakes happen"
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Sony are good with customer services. If I had siad it was less than 3 months old I could have got one. Sony only give 3 month warranties due to the fact of the wear issue. Controllers can last years, I still have my orignal PS1 controller that I had with my PS1 in 1996. But controllers could last weeks, depending on how they are treated and used. Some people may get so frustrated when playing a game that they throw the controller on the floor and it breaks. The controller gets used a lot so 3 months of heavy playing may cause the thumb pads to become loss. I can actually still use the pad and the thumb pad spining around doesnt happen when I am playing much. I still have one other controller that I bought for 2 player games but that hasnt seen much action, so its basically brand new.
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:21
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well my PS2 stopped working 2 weeks ago and was out of warranty, they knew this and still exchanged it for free, so thats something i call good customer relationship.
Thu 13/12/01 at 12:50
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
adrian wrote:
> Phoned up Sony today and as I said it was a controller I had last christmas they
> couldnt send me a new one. It has to be less than 3 months old. So will have to
> start using the 2nd controller I have.

So Sony are now saying that the controllers are only designed to last a total of 3 months! I think that's a bit unreasonable don't you.

I'm lucky that mine hasn't gone like yours but what if it had been your PS2 unit? I think Sony need to change their tune....I don't fancy spending £25 every 3 months to replace a controller!
Thu 13/12/01 at 12:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Phoned up Sony today and as I said it was a controller I had last christmas they couldnt send me a new one. It has to be less than 3 months old. So will have to start using the 2nd controller I have.
Tue 11/12/01 at 23:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
It really depends what game i play to what i use. If i play Pro Evo or SSX say, they require a lot of careful skill and so its best to use the D-pad.

But on games like GT3 or GTA 3 where the controls are not as sensitive i use the stick.
Tue 11/12/01 at 22:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The only time I use the D-pad is when you have to scroll through all the menus. Some games dont support analogue sticks in the menus so you have to use the D-pad.
For games analogue is the only way to go for me. It gives that much better response than digital.
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:20
Regular
Outlaw wrote:
Does anyone else
> find the stick(s) a little too fiddly for normal games like Pro Evo, or THPS3?

FOr the last year i so, I had been using the D-pad for ISS pro evo. I just found it much easier to control as i didnt feel the Analogue was as responsive.

BUt the d-pad didnt do my thumb any favours, and i have had to switch to the analogue by default. I found it very hard at first with the analogue, but after a week or so i got used to it. But if i could, i would still se the d-pad everytime.

I use the d-pad for all games, even GT3.
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Cheers Pro Evo. I'll make sure that I tell them its under a year old. Sony seem to be pretty good with customer care. I had to deal with them about the MGS2 demo not working right. Sony know whos important too them and thats us, with out us they would'nt be any where so they have to be helpfull. I'll give them a ring tommorow morning. As I need a new pad as its annoying playing games at the moment, could use the 2nd player pad but thats for my mates to use so I need my own pad. Good that I can keep my old pad, may have to put that as the 2nd player pad before my mates come over as then they will have a control disadvantage :).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.