GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield 3"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield 3'.
Thu 07/04/11 at 07:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just received this link to a new trailer ... if it's this good, well woth getting :¬)

Battlefield 3 Trailer
Sat 19/11/11 at 17:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
If you do fancy an FPS game Chris I would consider a used copy of COD Black Ops for £9.99. I think it's more fun than either MW3 or BF3. However, if you really do hate the COD series with a passion then you'll probably consider it a waste of a tenner! :)
Sat 19/11/11 at 16:38
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've heard so many bad things about BF3. I'm not buying either of 'this years FPSs'. BF3 because it doesn't sound great, and I can't stand Call of Duty.

NHL 12 and Revelations are on my christmas list. After that, probably Skyrim.
Fri 18/11/11 at 19:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Really can sympathise pete ... Black Ops did have its moments though and MW2 is certainly the better of the two at the moment! BF3 has a 'freshness' though, hard to describe but yes, snipers, jets, tanks, helos etc are a pain in the a**e but server selection means you can avoid the 'I'm going to be Top Dog Whatever' servers! BF3 MP User Interface is poor though. Soldier customization can only take place online as you join a game ... which is totally unacceptable! :¬(
Fri 18/11/11 at 17:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hundreds of BF3 players banned for glitching

Dice obviously didn't pick the problem up on the beta then?

I was playing MW3 last night and there were guys who were camping so bad I think Infinity Ward may as well add a picnic basket, rug and tea set perk! Seriously, when our team got an advanced UAV up all pretty much all of the red dots were stationery. It may be one way to get loads of kills (well more than me anyway) but it ruins the game for everyone else. Didn't get this anything like as much on Black Op's as (apart from the rubbish Berlin Wall) the maps on that game seemed to be designed to discourage it. It's my pet hate and it's ruining the MP for me.
Fri 07/10/11 at 19:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
Are FPS's meant to be fun? 0_o

And there WH you've hit the 'button'!

There is certainly room for 'fun' in First Person Shooters, we're not all 'war simulation freaks' but I can see what pete means. Then again, isn't it how you play it?

I play to have 'fun' and most others play to have 'fun' but FPS will always have those that take the next step .... 'I need to be better than you are etc etc etc' and these are the players that take it too seriously in my view and are the ones we all 'moan' about i.e. too many snipers, too many Olympic Triathletes etc etc.

Then again, Steam/"Game in question" achievements doesn't always help the 'fun' side of things, because you are always reminded of what you have/have not achieved .... the old carrot/donkey syndrome.

But I still feel that MoH online will be the best experience for a long time to come :¬)
Fri 07/10/11 at 17:03
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Are FPS's meant to be fun? 0_o
Fri 07/10/11 at 16:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
My mate summed the 360 beta up pretty well, he said it was like the day the developers were supposed to add the fun they all went home!
Fri 07/10/11 at 15:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi pete, just spoke with one of my sons after he tried the beta on Xbox ... wasn't impressed at all. You may be right, but the PC version I played was impressive but I still preferred MoH online.
Fri 07/10/11 at 09:18
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi DL,

Yeah I played the 360 beta, totally underwhelmed by it TBH. Some of the people I played against seemed to be getting well into it though. They were enthusiastically shouting out orders to their team mates which hardly anyone was taking any notice of, they just seemed to be running around in Rambo mode and getting shot an awful lot. MW3 for me I reckon.
Thu 06/10/11 at 22:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
I decided to try the beta of this earlier this evening and didn't like it at all. Everyone playing it seemed far too serious for my liking, I was like Whisky Tango Foxtrot is all this about? Call Of Duty games may have become a tad OTT and extremely unrealistic but at least they are a bit of fun. Can see why some people would like it but it wasn't for me I'm afraid.

This was XBox beta I guess pete? I heard this earlier from one of my sons, he couldn't quite 'hack' it :¬) Think this may be a big problem on release for BF3 among console players ... graphically the pc version is 'extreme' (if you have the hardware), the console version is 'as is'...but the 'gameplay' isn't 'as you would expect'.

TBH, MoH online on the PC will probably be the yardstick for DICE in the future and not BF3 :¬(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.