GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"QURAN & ITS NUMERICAL WONDERS and miracles"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/02/11 at 17:10
Regular
QURAN & ITS NUMERICAL WONDERS and miracles
some things in video
= Mathematics of the Hitchhiker's trilogy = SPACE 174-EARTH 174 STARS 48-DARKNESS 48 WAR 28-FRIEND 28 LIVES 25-DEATH 25 INVISIBLE 17-SPACESHIPS 17 GOD 47-ALIEN 47 WIFE 16-EVIL 16 WOMAN 41-CAVE 41-FUN 41 ROCK 70-PAPER 70-SCISSORS 1 WORLDS 28-WONDER 28-BEAUTIFUL 28 INCOMPREHENSIBLE 11-IMAGINATION 11-FACTS 11-EVIDENCE 11 SCIENCE 20-SEARCH 20 QUESTIONS 22-REASONS 22 MYSTERIOUS 15-PATTERNS 15 WONDERFUL 58-MORNING 58 START 58-THINKING 58 -- wredcht
Mon 14/02/11 at 09:27
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I think again attempting to post...erm...proof? of how a religion is worthwhile in it's beliefs to a group of people who have already shown that they are either unconvinced by your argument, don't wish to be involved in religion, are completely apathetic to the entire situation or generally have their own system of beliefs and thoughts, and have already shown this in the previous thread that you posted in a very similar manner is either attention-seeking (if it is, at least it works ;) ), pointless, or is merely the ramblings of a person desperately needing to justify their beliefs.

There is probably no answer to a question that sort of needn't be asked in the first place. Why are we here? Unfortunately, some people waste their lives trying to either find the answer or to justify to other people why their answer has more ground to it than other answers. Others, like me, will gloss over it at time to time but won't let the overhanging question be a burdon.
Mon 14/02/11 at 08:25
Regular
"Carpe Diem"
I think "God" is more in the balancing powers of nature than any cosmic entity or personified presence. Such a 'natural' energy is far to impersonal to care for our wellbeing or bother about our hopes and fears.

It always staggers me how many people and animals are killed because it is "God's Will". If God was so loving and forgiving, why would he allow such things to happen, despite of their prayers to him? Surely you would want your loved one in your own hands rather than "Gods"?

In many religions, people are worshipping a man-made God which is essentially a character created by someone else. So really, they are worshipping the person who created "God" in the first place. Knowing this, wouldn't it be far better to simply 'worship' what you can feel, touch and experience yourself?

That's a basic version of what I think, anyway.
Mon 14/02/11 at 02:33
Regular
"How Ironic"
pb wrote:
That analogy makes no sense unless you define what the 'outside' world stands for. It makes more sense if you say it is a prison cell with a possible outside world that is an unknown quantity, but then assumes the man must be in the prison for some reason which has yet to be determined.

The prison is his religion. The outside world is simply living, experiencing life without the need for worshipping so called deitys, some would say wasting their life. It is his crazy theories that are keeping him from the true reality, because that's what religion is, a constricting prison that ultimately gives no benefit to it's believer.
Mon 14/02/11 at 00:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pb wrote:
One thing that is true, we all search for a reason why we are here, whether scientific or otherwise.

Not all of us. Camus and absurdism ftw
Mon 14/02/11 at 00:40
"possibly impossible"
I don't think there is any religion that specificially says there is a man in the sky. It's always a force of some kind that has been humanised, then more-so over time. Of course, people then interpret this in the form of 'organised religion', different from belief and even religion itself.

That analogy makes no sense unless you define what the 'outside' world stands for. It makes more sense if you say it is a prison cell with a possible outside world that is an unknown quantity, but then assumes the man must be in the prison for some reason which has yet to be determined.

Of course, you could presume that the universe is a happy accident, a product of accidentally mixing certain chemicals and events which crated all the planets, galaxies and lifeforms on whatever planets contain them, which doesn't really work in terms of this analogy either.

The scientific approach would be a standard one for those who don't subscribe to an act of conciousness, and yet this, too, doesn't have any answers yet. One thing that is true, we all search for a reason why we are here, whether scientific or otherwise. The need for knowledge is one of the most human of traits, after all.
Sun 13/02/11 at 23:12
Regular
"How Ironic"
It may sound narrow-minded pb, but I refuse to entertain the idea of this divine deity, who is apparently beyond human understanding, yet there are a massive number of people who claim communication with the GCB. I've heard enough of religion full-stop. Like everyone else, I don't know why everything exists, but to suggest it was some big guy in the sky, it just annoys me that so many people would waste their breif time alive obeying something that isn't there.

The way I see the Earth's development: well I look at it as a man who is locked in a prison. The man wakes up in his cell and must stay their for all eternity. He represents the human race. The man, over a long period of time, cannot realise he is in a prison cell and that normal life is just on the otherside of the walls that surround him. He starts to lose his mind at the lack of explanation from the prison guards and begins to conjure up theories as to why he is in this prison. He begins to tell his inmates of his ideas. Despite his crazy theories, the inmates themselves have lost their mind and are desperate for an answer, and thus take his theory as gospel

Now imagine that with 6 billion evolved apes who are stuck on a rock which is floating through nothingness. Religion truly is madness.
Sun 13/02/11 at 22:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
Dragonlance wrote:
[i]An excellent try Chris, totally agree .....but I'm sticking with the Dragon :¬)

Dragon's by my definition are perfect, therefore dragons exist necessarily :D And your name makes sense now! :D[/i]

:¬ D Got to fly .....

Gods play games with the fates of men....but Dragons just watch and laugh
Sun 13/02/11 at 22:09
"possibly impossible"
Sonic Chris wrote:
Nobody knows because there is no god.

Obviously forgot the IMO, but same could be said about the first post.

The people who refuse to even entertain the notion of the possibility some being that might be greater than us and had a hand in creating our universe (even if they themselves firmly believe there is no godly intervention in our being) are as bad as those who entertain the notion that the details of their chosen deity might be incorrect and not want to debate the subject.
Sun 13/02/11 at 22:04
Regular
"How Ironic"
Dragonlance wrote:
An excellent try Chris, totally agree .....but I'm sticking with the Dragon :¬)

Dragon's by my definition are perfect, therefore dragons exist necessarily :D And your name makes sense now! :D
Sun 13/02/11 at 22:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
An excellent try Chris, totally agree ... (shoot peoples then change try weapon do with ease you have new weapon with you can shoot wth now shoot and change weapon but change and police car) .....but I'm sticking with the Dragon :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.