GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube beats PS2 in sales!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/03/03 at 17:07
Regular
YES!! Thats correct, last week Gamecube sold more than the PS2 did! Due to Metroid Prime and the price slashing going on, presumbably...

Cube Europe:
"For the week ending March 22nd the GameCube has managed to sell 60% more than the previous week.
PS2, Xbox and GBA all dropped by about 10-15%.

Nintendo of Europe's PR agent Shelly Friend recently spoke about this issue:
"We've had a great week - GameCube sold around 14,000 units in the UK and on top of that Metroid Prime
launched at number one in the all- formats charts. Now we're just looking forward to the launch of GBA SP
which we expect to be a great success."

This Friday sees the release of GBA SP in Europe so expect more high sales from Nintendo. "

(Originally posted by Tphi in the Ninty forum on the 25th of march 2003)
Thu 27/03/03 at 19:31
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I bought one ... and saved myself a pretty penny.

You didn't really save anything..you spent over £80 :p
Thu 27/03/03 at 18:32
"period drama"
I bought one ... and saved myself a pretty penny. Never thought it'd come so soon.

But of course it's gonna sell - it's cheap.
I'm sure there are many more 1p sweets sold than GCs and less 1million pound houses sold than GCs.
Simple.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:23
"The Will of D."
It just goes to show the gamecube is as good as the PS2, but I won't go into saying it's better than any other console, otherwise that would be fanboyism which the Sony forum has a lot of.... like Top score.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
These figures seem to be poppong up all over the place.

And it's a good job if you ask me - shows what can be done for console sales when a top notch game gets released.

I don't think any of the fanboys on either side need to get overly worked up about it though cos there are already about a zillion PS2's in homes around the world and only about 25 Gamecubes at the moment ( Me being a proud honour of both ! ) and personally I think if you don't eventually have both you will miss out on some wonderful games.

So don't start gloating about one weeks figures - or get depressed about them either - just revel in the fact that yet another superb unmissable game has been released that actually lives up to the hype and get out there and play it.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Bobba you"
And....?

any need to spam you idiot?
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:07
"The Will of D."
YES!! Thats correct, last week Gamecube sold more than the PS2 did! Due to Metroid Prime and the price slashing going on, presumbably...

Cube Europe:
"For the week ending March 22nd the GameCube has managed to sell 60% more than the previous week.
PS2, Xbox and GBA all dropped by about 10-15%.

Nintendo of Europe's PR agent Shelly Friend recently spoke about this issue:
"We've had a great week - GameCube sold around 14,000 units in the UK and on top of that Metroid Prime
launched at number one in the all- formats charts. Now we're just looking forward to the launch of GBA SP
which we expect to be a great success."

This Friday sees the release of GBA SP in Europe so expect more high sales from Nintendo. "

(Originally posted by Tphi in the Ninty forum on the 25th of march 2003)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.