GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube beats PS2 in sales!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/03/03 at 17:07
Regular
YES!! Thats correct, last week Gamecube sold more than the PS2 did! Due to Metroid Prime and the price slashing going on, presumbably...

Cube Europe:
"For the week ending March 22nd the GameCube has managed to sell 60% more than the previous week.
PS2, Xbox and GBA all dropped by about 10-15%.

Nintendo of Europe's PR agent Shelly Friend recently spoke about this issue:
"We've had a great week - GameCube sold around 14,000 units in the UK and on top of that Metroid Prime
launched at number one in the all- formats charts. Now we're just looking forward to the launch of GBA SP
which we expect to be a great success."

This Friday sees the release of GBA SP in Europe so expect more high sales from Nintendo. "

(Originally posted by Tphi in the Ninty forum on the 25th of march 2003)
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:24
I have to agree. The Argos deal is/was great. I am all ready a PS2 owner and have been for well over a year, but for that price you’ve just got to part with the cash. There is some great games on the cube that will (probably) never see the light of day on the PS2.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:56
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
who in the right mind would'nt get one (i have'nt) but gamecube is currently on a bargin price of £80, thats gamecube + game + memory card = £80 that is a great bargin. no wonder its out selling, if only the ps2 was cut to £80 with a free game and memory card, then we would see who out sells who!
Fri 28/03/03 at 11:51
Regular
"size does matter"
i don't think that temporary fuss about alternative religions would make god any less popular.

i'm not religious, btw
Fri 28/03/03 at 11:48
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Berserko wrote:
> *walks in and sees fanboys fighting*

Where ? there havn't been any stupid fan boy posts in here yet. Fool !
Fri 28/03/03 at 11:40
"For the horde!!!!"
*walks in and sees fanboys fighting*
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:54
Regular
Wahey! Great news! This is really good stuff for the 'Cube - and it's nice to see some justice in the console wars.
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:19
"period drama"
Mystique wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I bought one ... and saved myself a pretty penny.
>
> ****
> You didn't really save anything..you spent over £80 :p

Yes, yes, very witty. And true.
Shhh.

You know what I meant.
I was gonna spend twice that and not get all that stuff ..... so I sorta saved something. Well, i would have done ....

Shut up.
*Sulks*
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:15
Regular
"  "
What you are neglecting to mention is the fact that PS2 has out sold the Cube every other week before this. Also bear in mind that the PS2 would sell just as well if its price was a mere £80. In my mind it's no big achievment for the Cube, but I do hope that it continues to sell well as I don't want to think I own an unsuccesful console.
Thu 27/03/03 at 19:33
Regular
Sir. Yes sir right away sir.
Thu 27/03/03 at 19:32
"Uzi Lover"
Mystique, I need to talk to you on MSN right....NOW!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.