GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone used a GBA SP yet?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/03/03 at 17:41
Regular
Just wondering - is the screen noticeably bigger? I know I could probably go and find the dimensions somewhere, but I'd prefer to know if when you pick it you do you really notice the extra (if there is any).

Can't decide to pick one up now or wait a month or two for the inevitable price drop.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:41
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Just wondering - is the screen noticeably bigger? I know I could probably go and find the dimensions somewhere, but I'd prefer to know if when you pick it you do you really notice the extra (if there is any).

Can't decide to pick one up now or wait a month or two for the inevitable price drop.
Thu 27/03/03 at 18:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yes, I've played one.

The screen is exactly the same size.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:32
Regular
Yup, I've had one for about a week, and no, the screen size is the same.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:24
"Uzi Lover"
Hmmm you say the screen is the same size and all but wouldn't it look alot bigger, as the original post said 'is it noticably bigger?'

I think it should seem alot bigger even if it is the same size. Because, if you think about it, the flip up top has nothing but the screen on it meaning it covers the whole area making it look bigger then the original GBA's.

Or not?
Fri 28/03/03 at 00:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
The screen appears bigger.

However its not. But its so much nicer. I play my GBASP 2 hours a day, on the train to college and a little at night. It rules! :)
Fri 28/03/03 at 00:46
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Decided I'm sold anyway. Know that when I walk past those store on the way through town tomorrow my credit card will just slip onto some counter. Nothing I can do about it. Gameboy number 7 here I come.
Fri 28/03/03 at 00:49
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I have thought of buying a SP.
Can I please ask for a list of games worth purchasing.
Fri 28/03/03 at 15:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mine didnt arrive today, hopefully tomorrow.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Can I please ask for a list of games worth purchasing.

Golden Sun and Advance Wars are the big two as far as I'm concerned. Know there's other good titles out there (e.g. Zelda), but you've probably played those already. Oh, Kuru Kuru Krurirnrsidfur is amazing too, and you should be able to pick it up cheep. Castlevania, that's good. Ahhh, there's loads of them. Buy 'em all. Sonic Advance, that's great. So far the sequel is great too.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:15
"Uzi Lover"
Advance Wars
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
F-Zero
Mario Kart
MegaMan Zero
MegaMan & Bass

All good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.