GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone used a GBA SP yet?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/03/03 at 17:41
Regular
Just wondering - is the screen noticeably bigger? I know I could probably go and find the dimensions somewhere, but I'd prefer to know if when you pick it you do you really notice the extra (if there is any).

Can't decide to pick one up now or wait a month or two for the inevitable price drop.
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:51
"griever"
if you can sell your old gba then u should buy the sp
just got zelda,metroid and sonic 2
its replaced my PS2
Mon 31/03/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
No
Mon 31/03/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Cheers Dr Gonzo, I'm going to go for the SP.
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Other then size (which lets face it does matter) what are the main
> differences?

I did end up picking up an SP yesterday, so here's waht I think.

Firstly, yes the size is very important being a portable machine. It's teeny, but when you fold it out it is remarkably spacious. You hands are not cramped together - and I've not got small girly hands.

The main plus is the front lit screen. You can flick it on and off, so if you try setting yourself up to play with the screen off and play for a bit, and then switch it on, you'd be amazed by the improvement.

There is also a lithium ion battery built in (one of the main reasons for the shrinkage). Basically, charge it and you've got 18 hours of play. Take from that what you will, I think it's great.

Compare the two and the SP is clearly the winner - smaller, easier to use and you don't have to worry about batteries.
Sat 29/03/03 at 17:19
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I got a GBA SP!

And they rules beyond belief...

Go me!
Sat 29/03/03 at 17:00
Regular
Bah, I was hoping you'd be able to do the stuff where you grab onto a ledge and roll into the morphball from it...
Sat 29/03/03 at 16:27
Regular
No, there are no special abilities from the Fusion Suit.

If anything it should be harder.
Sat 29/03/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ok, my birthday is coming up and a while back I thought about getting a GBA. So, is it worth spending the extra money and getting the SP?

Other then size (which lets face it does matter) what are the main differences?

Can someone that has used both tell me the pros and cons of each please.

Thanks for any help :)
Sat 29/03/03 at 15:56
Regular
Ai...Ai Ai wrote:
> If you scan 100% logs you get something.What do you get?

Image Gallery 2
Sat 29/03/03 at 15:52
Regular
"*Has wind*"
maddmun wrote:
> Ai...Ai Ai wrote:
> maddmun wrote:
> Bah, and here's me trying to complete it to get special abilities...
> well thats what ive heard for im not allowed the game yet:::(((
> But i doubt its any different apart from looks...
>
> Then STOP TELLING ME IF YOU DON'T KNOW!! please...
If you scan 100% logs you get something.What do you get?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.