GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email probs or just me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/01/11 at 11:22
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Hi,

I don't seem to have had any emails (form mail) since Wednesday 12th at 11:00. I can see by my logs that customers have submitted forms.

I've sent a couple of testers from the site this morning but they haven't arrived either.

Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

thanks

JTD
Fri 14/01/11 at 19:40
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Sorry - been busy since my last post.

Yup - formmail and scripts are working again.

It looks like all mails generated between Wed 12th at approx 11:00 and today at approx 16:00 have been lost (or at least they havn't come through yet).

Pleased it's sorted but bit of a bummer mails have been lost.

JTD
Fri 14/01/11 at 17:41
"Are you sure?"
Hi Butch,
Thanks for that.

Not being funny but it looks like this problem has been going on for a day or more and your systems didn't pick it up - a customer did?

Perhaps I'm missing something here?

EDIT: Re. my more details request.
Can you say if affected customers emails will have been lost during this problem?

Thanks - sorry to be a pain!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 14/01/11 at 16:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This issue has now been resolved and all formmail should now be working correctly on this, and all, webservers. Obviously if you get any further problems, let us now (preferably) via ticket.

We have our own test scripts running on each server, adding your own is likely to only increase the amount of un-necessary messages circulating through our mail servers.
Fri 14/01/11 at 16:28
"Are you sure?"
I see this issue is now closed on the Status page.

JTD is everything working for you now?

Freeola - any further details?

Do I need to create 'formmail' tests for each server or are you able to monitor/test this, as I have clients spread across all the servers?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 14/01/11 at 13:42
"Are you sure?"
A bit worrying though!
(by now you would have noticed I'm a bit of a worrier!)

Depending what the problem is does this mean that the other servers could have issues?

Is there anyway to check this service automatically as finding out 'the hard way' isn't great?

I could setup a test form on all servers but it seems a bit extreme...

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 14/01/11 at 13:32
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Butch wrote:
Update: After further testing we are now looking into a potential issue on that server in regards to formmail not being sent correctly.

This is currently under investigation and we hope to resolve this shortly.

A-ha!

JTD
Fri 14/01/11 at 13:17
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Update: After further testing we are now looking into a potential issue on that server in regards to formmail not being sent correctly.

This is currently under investigation and we hope to resolve this shortly.
Fri 14/01/11 at 12:32
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Butch wrote:
We have tested web8 earlier today in regards to formmail sending and did not receive any errors when doing so.

This being the case, we will need further information (i.e. the URL of the script as a minimum) via a Support Ticket before we can look into this further for you.

Butch: Will do.

Hmmm...: I appreciate your help.

JTD
Fri 14/01/11 at 12:25
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
We have tested web8 earlier today in regards to formmail sending and did not receive any errors when doing so.

This being the case, we will need further information (i.e. the URL of the script as a minimum) via a Support Ticket before we can look into this further for you.
Fri 14/01/11 at 12:15
"Are you sure?"
Strange.

This should be the same for everyone if you are using: "cgi-bin/form_to_mail.php" ?

I'll create a test form on server8 if Freeola (or anyone else) doesn't update you.

Remember you might need to raise a Ticket to catch their attention.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.