GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"There is a god ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/07 at 21:18
Regular
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6735631.stm[/URL]

Happy friday folks ;)
Fri 08/06/07 at 22:03
Regular
pb wrote:
> I found the subway far better organised than the Tube. Cleaner
> too. Mind you, I tried to avoid rush hours!

You should try the MRT in Singapore. It's by far the most organised and cleanest around. Infact I quite enjoy it.
Fri 08/06/07 at 22:03
Regular
Aye it sucks when you're blatantly an outsider ... can't be helped though I guess ... short of memorising a map of the city and tube :)

Going to have to see what night life is on offer on the saturday too, see how it compares to here ... don't know what to expect at all, but getting lost and wandering into harlem at 1am sunday is a no no ...
Fri 08/06/07 at 22:02
"possibly impossible"
I found the subway far better organised than the Tube. Cleaner too. Mind you, I tried to avoid rush hours!
Fri 08/06/07 at 22:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's ok, it's pretty easily mapped out so you'll be able to understand, the only daunting thing is standing around reading the routes when you've got a bunch of NY'ers rushing around in a hurry trying to get where they have to go bumping into you and stuff
Fri 08/06/07 at 21:59
Regular
Yeah the subway sounds like a winner, though it seems a bit daunting ... don't know how it compares to London, I did alright there ... providing I have a map I'm hoping I should be ok.
Fri 08/06/07 at 21:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea make sure you make a plan and timeline because you don't want to waste a whole day just doing one thing when you can do about 10 in another area. The Canadian part of the falls are much better anyway, if anything i'd suggest getting a flight to NY then from Toronto and just pop over and go see the Falls there

Also try and master the art of the subway as you'll get around the city far faster than taking a cab.

Oh and definitely don't drive yourself
Fri 08/06/07 at 21:54
Regular
Ah cheers Kawada.

Yeah only there for a few days so pretty limited in what I can see ... was under the impression Niagra was hours away and the guide books advised not renting a car as if you're not a local it can be a nightmare driving. Not sure how true that is.

Will have to draw up an itinerary - don't want to go too touristy as I don't think you get a true feeling of the culture that way, but then I don't want to get lost either ... have to have some structure to what I'm going to do, but keep it flexible if you know what I mean.

Highly, highly looking forward to it though :D
Fri 08/06/07 at 21:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sorry playing Forza 2 :-D
Fri 08/06/07 at 21:50
Regular
Has Kawada died?

I don't know which I prefer the idea of ... her being stuck in a cell crying for mummy, or her sweeping the streets doing community service. But then Naomi Campbell managed to look cool while doing that - I don't want to see Hiltons smug face, sweeping a street with hundreds of fans shouting 'we love you Paris'.

No, this is better ... :)
Fri 08/06/07 at 21:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
First of all don't stand around like a tool with a camera in your hand looking at all the pretty buildings and sights otherwise you'll be losing your holiday money faster than a New York minute. Just try and blend in and don't bring any undue attention to yourself.

Other than that just do the usual depending on the length of your holiday, if you've got a week then you can probably see most of what's on offer however if you've only got 3 days or so then you might want to limit what you do.
Definitely want to go on some shopping trips though as nothing beats the shops of NY, the main hot spot of that is 50th to 59th on 5th Avenue though it is pricy, Greenwich Village, Crossgates Mall, Columbus circle, Union Square, and of course Chinatown are all good places for mid range shopping though.

Then just the usual stuff like Empire State, Bronx Zoo, Central Park, the boring end of Niagara Falls. I think the Statue is still closed so i don't think you'll be able to go to that and even if you don't like the sport a trip to Yankee Stadium is a must to really delve into the NY culture.

Otherwise NY is just a great city as no matter where you go there's something to see and it's always different and has so many different cultures there you can go to each one and be like visiting a different country every day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.