GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to save the forums..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/07 at 09:00
Regular
"8==="
Bandwagon Jumping!

* Create a Big Brother forum and get it high on Google.

* Create a temporary discussion forum about a popular news event in an attempt to grab the BBC HYS-style of poster.

* Do a deal with a decent search engine and put it on your lead page in an attempt to get users to make you their homepage.

* Bring back the news thing you used to do with amusing spins on various news.

* Chuck up some celebrity rubbish - that always brings in people to chat.

If you want the forums to bring people in and actually be a decent marketing addition to your site then this is the rather unfortunate turn you have to take.

However there are other good things to promote alongside this:

* Writing/poetry competitions

* Most hilarious news item of the day competition

* Best bargain of the day competiton

etc

The point is there are a 1000 ways to get in some more hits from those looking to chat about current topics and win amazon/argos vouchers but you're not attempting them and the forums are dying on their a**e.

Above all these ideas won't amount to anything without high search results and a little bit of sly marketing (email or otherwise) but using the obvious tricks (calling pictures 'Big Brother'/'other' over and over for instance) it shouldn't be a problem.

Worth a go I think.
Wed 04/07/07 at 03:40
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> But he can and has won bingo =P
>
> That is true! But if I were to submit something decent, I
> wouldn't get a prize!

So.. can I win a GAD for Bingo then?
Tue 03/07/07 at 19:42
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Good idea, but I can happily admit that I do not choose all the winners, hence some of the conflicts on here with dodgy wins :D
Tue 03/07/07 at 19:41
Regular
Let me post if for you and we'll split the money =) 50/50. It's bound to work as you pick the winners too.
Tue 03/07/07 at 19:37
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Machie wrote:
> But he can and has won bingo =P

That is true! But if I were to submit something decent, I wouldn't get a prize!
Tue 03/07/07 at 19:00
Regular
But he can and has won bingo =P
Tue 03/07/07 at 18:51
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I can't win GAD's either :'( if that is of any help :)
Mon 02/07/07 at 17:54
Regular
Yeah but they work!!!!!
Mon 02/07/07 at 16:38
"possibly impossible"
DoomBaboon1982 wrote:
> Well that makes no sense. Amazon vouchers are accepted at the
> .com and .co.uk sites.

It does state that they should only be used for the UK/Jersey sites, that's the official word.
Mon 02/07/07 at 16:36
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
I've never been able to win GADs
Mon 02/07/07 at 11:54
Regular
Well that makes no sense. Amazon vouchers are accepted at the .com and .co.uk sites. I have used both. The stamp isnt going to cost that much more so why cant she win. It seems she is a good member who posts regularly and just cos she lives in the US she shouldn't suffer for it......after all she already has to suffer the Americans and Bush.

Give the girl a break!!!!

In fact i shall set up a thread for you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.