GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst films of all time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/11/10 at 11:12
"possibly impossible"
Having watched Skyline yesterday and being a tad disappointed by what could easily have been a great film (if they had included a story, likeable characters and a different ending) I was wondering what films you've been bitterly disappointed by or would warn people off entirely?

Sticking with Sci-fi, 2012 is the most recent one to spring to mind. I felt as if a portion of my life had been ripped away from me after watching that. Battlefield Earth is a film I just couldn't sit through until the end, and that rarely happens to me. Lastly, Highlander II was a bitter disappointment considering how good the first film was and luckily the 3rd fared much better.

Outside of Sci-fi, Disaster Movie or any one of the more recent 'spoof' movies could well be considered too terrible to watch.
Sun 21/11/10 at 10:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
Are you being serious about The Godfather films Chris ?,the first 2 are absolute classics.

If you are then fine,everyone's entitled to their opinions.There are quite a few things many people have loved that I didn't care for.Avatar is one that springs to mind.Personally I found it far too long,very predictable and couldn't find an original idea in the damn thing.I would sum up Avatar as little more than Pocahontas,Dances With Wolves & Brother Bear, mixed together and set it in space.That's my opinion and yet it got nominated for a best picture Oscar and most people seemed to love it ?.I didn't think it was a terrible film,merely a very average one.

Avatar scored 8.3 on IMDB,so perhaps the site does suck after all ! :)
Sat 20/11/10 at 21:11
Regular
"How Ironic"
Nin wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]:P I expected this sort of reaction ;D

I don't know whether you're actually expressing your opinion or you're just trolling for a reaction but that was an outrageous statement. I'm no fan of the subject matter but both of films are quite obvious masterpieces of storytelling.
Seriously, that post was filled with such wrong that I'm considering putting you on ignore.[/i]

Hey if you want to block me for my opinion, feel free :D But I was being sincerely serious.
Sat 20/11/10 at 19:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sonic Chris wrote:
:P I expected this sort of reaction ;D

I don't know whether you're actually expressing your opinion or you're just trolling for a reaction but that was an outrageous statement. I'm no fan of the subject matter but both of films are quite obvious masterpieces of storytelling.
Seriously, that post was filled with such wrong that I'm considering putting you on ignore.
Sat 20/11/10 at 19:46
Regular
"How Ironic"
Nin wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]And another thing that will always put me off IMDB's reliability is the fact that the first 2 Godfather films are in the top 3. I wasted hours watching The Godfather, and it's one of the few films were I felt cheated of my time. Absolute rubbish. Most overrated film ever created.

What!?[/i]

:P I expected this sort of reaction ;D
Sat 20/11/10 at 19:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sonic Chris wrote:
And another thing that will always put me off IMDB's reliability is the fact that the first 2 Godfather films are in the top 3. I wasted hours watching The Godfather, and it's one of the few films were I felt cheated of my time. Absolute rubbish. Most overrated film ever created.

What!?
Sat 20/11/10 at 19:22
Regular
"How Ironic"
A fantastic 2.8 for Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus 36.7% gave it 1/10.

Remember if a film is so bad, some people will give it 10/10 as a joke. 15% gave MS vs GO 10/10 purely as a joke (honestly if you've watched it, you'll know why. It's so bad, it's funny).

*EDIT* And another thing that will always put me off IMDB's reliability is the fact that the first 2 Godfather films are in the top 3. I wasted hours watching The Godfather, and it's one of the few films were I felt cheated of my time. Absolute rubbish. Most overrated film ever created.
Sat 20/11/10 at 15:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
798 people gave it 10/10 ! :0

That is actually pretty scary.

Just read that Wesley Snipes has just been sentenced to 3 years in prison for tax evasion.

Right,back on topic of worst films ever.Wild Wild West,that sucked.
Sat 20/11/10 at 11:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pete_21 wrote:
But it was it not the IMDB ratings which I quoted in my earlier post that you stated did not help my argument ? :S

It wasn't quoting the ratings, it was quoting the site in general. It's like citing Wikipedia as a source of information, never going to be reliable because of the sheer number of morons present. Like the 798 people who gave the remake 10 out of 10
Sat 20/11/10 at 11:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nin wrote:
4.6 is too generous and the badness of that site is in the forums, not so much the ratings.

But it was it not the IMDB ratings which I quoted in my earlier post that you stated did not help my argument ? :S

I do agree 4.6 is far too generous a score for Psycho (1998), it was total garbage and one of the worst remakes ever IMO.
Sat 20/11/10 at 10:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
4.6 is too generous and the badness of that site is in the forums, not so much the ratings.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.