GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kinect - Your Thoughts"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/11/10 at 11:53
"possibly impossible"
I've now played Kinect, playing Kinect sports courtesy of my local GAME's manager who got sent one by MS.

It's a lot better than I was expecting after all the lag issues at game shows and indifference by some people who previously played demo pods at the shows.

The bowling in particular is even more accessible than the one in Wii Sports, so easy that my 6 year old found it easy on the first go.

Anyway, has anyone else either played this or pre-ordered for release? I'm now thinking of ordering one for when the next batch come in.
Thu 17/02/11 at 20:14
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Sonic Chris wrote:
theweirdo666 wrote:
[i]SimGuy99 wrote:
[i]First their was the Wii, then the Playstation Move and Kinect. All the big videogame systems have their own Wii now, which is good because I have a PlayStation 3.

Actually, first was the eyetoy for Playstation 2. Which was ok i suppose. Everything just developed from there.[/i]

Actually, yet again, SEGA are the ones to blame... ;P
Clicky Linky[/i]

Lol - know it all!
Thu 17/02/11 at 19:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
theweirdo666 wrote:
SimGuy99 wrote:
[i]First their was the Wii, then the Playstation Move and Kinect. All the big videogame systems have their own Wii now, which is good because I have a PlayStation 3.

Actually, first was the eyetoy for Playstation 2. Which was ok i suppose. Everything just developed from there.[/i]

Actually, yet again, SEGA are the ones to blame... ;P
Clicky Linky
Thu 17/02/11 at 18:52
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
SimGuy99 wrote:
First their was the Wii, then the Playstation Move and Kinect. All the big videogame systems have their own Wii now, which is good because I have a PlayStation 3.

Actually, first was the eyetoy for Playstation 2. Which was ok i suppose. Everything just developed from there.
Thu 17/02/11 at 15:05
"The Videogame King"
First their was the Wii, then the Playstation Move and Kinect. All the big videogame systems have their own Wii now, which is good because I have a PlayStation 3.
Sat 12/02/11 at 02:18
Regular
"123456789"
i have kinect and the game that im using kinect adventures, dude is so awsome, And I also have fitnes for kinect, ahhhhh is not that cool but actually it get u tired, I play kinect averyday. Ok there is this level that u r in the moon so there are some bubbles and u have to pop the, Then there is anotherone that is the cooler one that I think all the people that r going 2 read this should know this level is like u r in a river and u have to move jump and its so frekeng cool, My kinect cost 150 bucks but it didn;t came with the console and the console cost me 200, but I only have games for the kinect so I need one just made for the x-box 360 not just for the kinect WELL SEE U GUYS LATER :)
Tue 30/11/10 at 13:32
"possibly impossible"
pete_21 wrote:
Wow,Kinect really does work then ?.

That's the game not the controller at fault. The guy was just sitting still (assuming the video of him was taken at the same time anyway). Mind you, it's Joyride, which was that XBL avatar game they quickly turned in to a Kinect game so no surprises that its crap.
Tue 30/11/10 at 13:30
"possibly impossible"
YH wrote:
So, it's been another couple of weeks pb - was it a flash in the pan, or is it still getting a lot of use?

I was im Cambridge last week with work, and saw they had one in Game, but I had no time to try it. Was back there at the weekend and thought I'd give it a go, but they no longer had it - typical.

I'm reading good reviews about Kinect Sports, and Mrs YH really likes the look of that Just Dance game. I'm getting more tempted, but to buy with those two games is still nearly £200 - a chunk of cash for something that I've not had any use of before.

Where do you live, any chance of popping round for a go :-)

There are deals for the packs on at the moment.

I've got both Sports and Dance Central (Just Dance is the Wii game) and they're the best 2 games on the system at the moment.

As with Move (and with Wii when it first came out) new games are slowly appearing but nothing that screams 'must have' other than these 2 has come out yet.

Kinect Sports is still very fun. If you check out my Youtube page there are now 4 videos up from Kinect Sports.

So, yes, still fun and still worth it for me, whether you get as much enjoyment out of it or not depends on the sort of games you like.
Tue 30/11/10 at 12:35
Regular
"I like turtles"
Wow,Kinect really does work then ?.
Tue 30/11/10 at 11:50
Regular
So, it's been another couple of weeks pb - was it a flash in the pan, or is it still getting a lot of use?

I was im Cambridge last week with work, and saw they had one in Game, but I had no time to try it. Was back there at the weekend and thought I'd give it a go, but they no longer had it - typical.

I'm reading good reviews about Kinect Sports, and Mrs YH really likes the look of that Just Dance game. I'm getting more tempted, but to buy with those two games is still nearly £200 - a chunk of cash for something that I've not had any use of before.

Where do you live, any chance of popping round for a go :-)
Tue 16/11/10 at 13:44
"possibly impossible"
I wasn't getting it until my local GAME had one and I had a go, until then I was determined not to get one, at least before Christmas. After playing it I just gathered as many games (and a DS) and traded it all towards one.

Many GAME stores will have one to play thanks to managers being personally sent free Kinects from Microsoft and bringing them in to the store, so its worth looking out for.

I do know what you mean, the releases so far have been mostly casual games, but then Wii Sports was a casual game and I still spend time on that. Kinect Sports feels more in-depth and more of a challenge.

But MS are promising more games and core games at that. There's a rumour that a version of Gears of War is coming with Kinect support, though its not certain whether this will be GOW2 with add-ons or a completely new game built for Kinect. Steel Battalion is coming, MCV had a list of a load more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.