GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WRC - do NOT buy this game!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 16:45
Regular
Fair play, this game is a load of tosh, and here's why:

1. The handling is totally unrealistic, not a scratch on Colin McRae.
2. You reach top speed far too quickly (even with long gear ratio), and when at top speed, it feels too slow.
3. Loading times are laughable. Longest on PS2 for sure.
4. Tracks fairly bland (didn't get to try any forest stages).
5. The game is simply not fun.

In it's defence:
1. Nice car models (and excellent driver face mapping).
2. Consistently smooth framerate (although with only one car on the road, this should be expected).

NOTE: I haven't tried the multiplayer mode, and obviously can't comment on it.
NOTE 2: Only played it for about 30 minutes at a mate's house. Maybe the game grows on you?

Hope this helps!
Sat 01/12/01 at 16:45
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Fair play, this game is a load of tosh, and here's why:

1. The handling is totally unrealistic, not a scratch on Colin McRae.
2. You reach top speed far too quickly (even with long gear ratio), and when at top speed, it feels too slow.
3. Loading times are laughable. Longest on PS2 for sure.
4. Tracks fairly bland (didn't get to try any forest stages).
5. The game is simply not fun.

In it's defence:
1. Nice car models (and excellent driver face mapping).
2. Consistently smooth framerate (although with only one car on the road, this should be expected).

NOTE: I haven't tried the multiplayer mode, and obviously can't comment on it.
NOTE 2: Only played it for about 30 minutes at a mate's house. Maybe the game grows on you?

Hope this helps!
Sat 01/12/01 at 17:07
"High polygon count"
This was a game I was really looking forward to, until I played the demo on the last Official PS2 mag's coverdisc.

Fortunately, it saved me £40!

From what I could determine in the demo, everything about the game is outstanding - graphics, sound... the works. Unfortunately the handling is pants, and that's what any driving game needs to get right.

Fortunately I have GT3 and Burnout - which between them give me the best of simulation, rally, and arcade racing.
Sat 01/12/01 at 17:38
Regular
WRC - I was never thinking of getting it anyway...
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:40
I have read in a review of this game that they too thought it was crap, but it did grow on them. It was only givin 6 out of 10 in the end though anyway!
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:46
Regular
"You Bum!!"
letsstartariot wrote:
> I have read in a review of this game that they too thought it was crap, but it
> did grow on them. It was only givin 6 out of 10 in the end though anyway!

You read the review in PlayNation right? I was gonna get this game but now I think Ill save my cash for Capcom VS SNK2
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:52
Errm...im nmot sure. I think it was PSW, but it might have beenm playnation.

I was gonna get it too, but i think im gonna go for time crisis 2.
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:53
Regular
"  "
I thought the damage was pants on this game
Sat 01/12/01 at 20:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
I too was going to buy it up untill I played the demo - The handling is quite poor and I already have a few decent racers!! Im waiting for Colin McRae to debut on PS2 - That should be the game to beat!!
Sun 02/12/01 at 10:58
Regular
"Touched!"
I was very disappointed with the nadling of the cars, it looks good but it doesn't play welll at all, if the handling was better i would have considered buying this, shame.
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:38
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I admit, the game doesn't seem wonderful after GT3, have any of you thought that racing games will never be the same again, our expectations are now sky high and NO racing games can meet them.
I had Burnout and finished it in a weekend, thought the replay value was next to zero.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.