GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3DTV is it really the future ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/10/10 at 12:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
My friend (who I might add has a lot more money than I do) has recently spent well over £2000 on a 50'' 3D Plasma TV and 3D Blu Ray player as he is convinced this format is going to be massive.I've seen it in action and its quite impressive but I couldn't really be bothered with it TBH.I also don't fancy having to wear glasses in order to watch TV either.I'll be interested to see what it adds to Call Of Duty : Black Ops though as that is the first gaming title to support this format.There are currently hardly any 3D Blu Ray titles available either and those which are cost a fortune.Do people on here think this format is going to take off massively in the future or do you think its just a fad that people will quickly get tired of ?.I have also heard reports of people getting headaches from prolonged viewing of this format.For those of us who do think its amazing is not worth waiting to see if the format does take off before investing in it ? or perhaps even wait for a TV to be released that can display 3D without the use of glasses ? (if that is this possible).
Mon 25/10/10 at 13:40
"possibly impossible"
A few points:

COD: BO is going to be the first retail game to support 3D but there are numerous PSN games including the brilliant Wipeout HD already in 3D.

Monster House 3D Blu-ray is £15 in Blockbuster. Although there are only a few titles in 3D at the moment it's early days and they look pretty well priced unless you go to one of the mainstream stores that does all their normal Blu-rays for £25 while everyone else is £10 cheaper.

Average price for a 3D TV in the 32-40" category is £1000-£1500, add a bit to include a few pairs of glasses. Obviously owning a PS3 will help with not having to get a 3D Blu-ray Player too, but even the new Blu-ray playersl come down in January apparently.

Anyone who has Sky HD can get 3D channels for no added cost as well.

It IS still a large initial outlay but I think if you're after a new HD TV anyway it's worth getting. If you've got a good HD TV at the moment then maybe not worth looking at until that needs replacing.
Mon 25/10/10 at 12:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
My friend (who I might add has a lot more money than I do) has recently spent well over £2000 on a 50'' 3D Plasma TV and 3D Blu Ray player as he is convinced this format is going to be massive.I've seen it in action and its quite impressive but I couldn't really be bothered with it TBH.I also don't fancy having to wear glasses in order to watch TV either.I'll be interested to see what it adds to Call Of Duty : Black Ops though as that is the first gaming title to support this format.There are currently hardly any 3D Blu Ray titles available either and those which are cost a fortune.Do people on here think this format is going to take off massively in the future or do you think its just a fad that people will quickly get tired of ?.I have also heard reports of people getting headaches from prolonged viewing of this format.For those of us who do think its amazing is not worth waiting to see if the format does take off before investing in it ? or perhaps even wait for a TV to be released that can display 3D without the use of glasses ? (if that is this possible).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.