GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition Twelve (SSC12)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/05/07 at 21:11
"possibly impossible"
As the hands reach twelve on the Short Story clock, I sit and contemplate the title for the next Short Story topic.

The decision is made, the title, scrawled in bold below, is set.

Midnight

Ah. I see you think this may be easy. But the reader is looking for originality here. And so I bid you write, write me a tale I'll relish. And when the calender flips to 25th June, I shall read and decide on a winner.

**Update**
Stories will be judged TODAY! Anyone still wanting to enter has until later this afternoon while I read through the other stories.

***UPDATE 2***

Well, it was worth the wait, though maybe waiting for Meka to enter wasn't fair on everyone else (yes, it was all planned, Meka, that subliminal message you got to write a story and all).

Well, the winner has been chosen, and yes, it was the one that matched the subject matter in the best way, while still being original...

So, well done Meka, A Coachman's Tale won SSC12!

I loved reading all the stories, though, it was still a hard decision with the quality all these short stories provide.
Wed 20/06/07 at 15:08
Regular
Midnight, midnight. Taps fingers.
Sun 17/06/07 at 23:56
Regular
Gah, sorry for being so shoddy on this.

I wrote an opening and it didn't really progress... I will get something done, hopefully in the next couple of days.
Sun 17/06/07 at 18:37
"possibly impossible"
Sure, I'd rather have more good quality entries than finish it earlier. Next Monday ok ?
Sun 17/06/07 at 09:18
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Could you put it back a week, I'm away for next week and I haven't finished my piece yet. Thanks if you can, pb.
Sat 16/06/07 at 22:04
"possibly impossible"
Everpain wrote:
> Apologies for absence, been moving house. May not have time to
> enter this one either...

If you promise to write one, I'll extend it yet another week!
Sat 16/06/07 at 17:03
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Apologies for absence, been moving house. May not have time to enter this one either...
Thu 14/06/07 at 18:50
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
It's all coming together now. :-)
Tue 12/06/07 at 16:46
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Finally got something half decent in my mind, I'll get it written down at some stage I swear! :)
Mon 11/06/07 at 16:02
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I've got an idea, but I have got to think of how to make the story more "interesting".
Mon 11/06/07 at 11:44
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'll try to enter, though I'm trying to resist giving it the old dark murderer in the shadows.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.