GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition Twelve (SSC12)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/05/07 at 21:11
"possibly impossible"
As the hands reach twelve on the Short Story clock, I sit and contemplate the title for the next Short Story topic.

The decision is made, the title, scrawled in bold below, is set.

Midnight

Ah. I see you think this may be easy. But the reader is looking for originality here. And so I bid you write, write me a tale I'll relish. And when the calender flips to 25th June, I shall read and decide on a winner.

**Update**
Stories will be judged TODAY! Anyone still wanting to enter has until later this afternoon while I read through the other stories.

***UPDATE 2***

Well, it was worth the wait, though maybe waiting for Meka to enter wasn't fair on everyone else (yes, it was all planned, Meka, that subliminal message you got to write a story and all).

Well, the winner has been chosen, and yes, it was the one that matched the subject matter in the best way, while still being original...

So, well done Meka, A Coachman's Tale won SSC12!

I loved reading all the stories, though, it was still a hard decision with the quality all these short stories provide.
Thu 28/06/07 at 09:46
"possibly impossible"
Right...Judging still being done due to the 2 new stories ;)

I'll have a result soon...
Wed 27/06/07 at 15:40
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Me too^^ :)
Wed 27/06/07 at 10:25
Regular
"not dead"
Later this afternoon? I'll take that challenge...

Done!
Wed 27/06/07 at 08:40
"possibly impossible"
I'll read and judge today if I get time. Thanks for entering!
Wed 27/06/07 at 02:05
Regular
Done! Finally. Thanks for the extra time :)

Despite having almost a month, I ended up writing the vast majority of it on the first and last day of the comp. So it ain't an epic, but I'm more or less happy with it.
Tue 26/06/07 at 11:45
"possibly impossible"
I'll wait for yours, Mav, then judge. It'll give me time for another readthrough of the other entries, anyway.
Mon 25/06/07 at 18:35
Regular
I'm in the middle of something now but I'm a bit knackered and it's my day off tomorrow.

Another week would be a bit ridiculous, but tomorrow would be very helpful...
Mon 25/06/07 at 08:20
"possibly impossible"
I'm in tears with the lack of entries.

Do I wait another week?
Sun 24/06/07 at 13:42
"Darkness, always"
Midnight oil
Midnight snacks
Midnight madness
Midnight hour
Midnight cowbow
Midnight black

Dozens of alternative ways of looking at the subject beyond the striking of the clock. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time for the next few weeks.
Thu 21/06/07 at 14:25
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
The main problem is I'm all 'writ' out I think....

Midnight? Hmmm black? Hmmm unicorn? Oh done that :(

One of the previous themes also reminded me of a past entry I'd done and SSC7 (I believe) is still only half finished as the basic idea seems to have got out of hand :D

Orignally I started entering these comps as a distraction to / outlet against studying for my degree. My attention span to database code was never that hot in the first place. Now that I've finished the degree I can't seem to get motivated again.

But I will try.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.