GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition Twelve (SSC12)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/05/07 at 21:11
"possibly impossible"
As the hands reach twelve on the Short Story clock, I sit and contemplate the title for the next Short Story topic.

The decision is made, the title, scrawled in bold below, is set.

Midnight

Ah. I see you think this may be easy. But the reader is looking for originality here. And so I bid you write, write me a tale I'll relish. And when the calender flips to 25th June, I shall read and decide on a winner.

**Update**
Stories will be judged TODAY! Anyone still wanting to enter has until later this afternoon while I read through the other stories.

***UPDATE 2***

Well, it was worth the wait, though maybe waiting for Meka to enter wasn't fair on everyone else (yes, it was all planned, Meka, that subliminal message you got to write a story and all).

Well, the winner has been chosen, and yes, it was the one that matched the subject matter in the best way, while still being original...

So, well done Meka, A Coachman's Tale won SSC12!

I loved reading all the stories, though, it was still a hard decision with the quality all these short stories provide.
Thu 28/06/07 at 15:46
Regular
Congratulations Meka =D and well done to all those who took part. I wish I was half as talented as you lot ^^
Thu 28/06/07 at 14:27
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I've kept most of my older material, if anyone wants it for anything.
Thu 28/06/07 at 14:14
Regular
"not dead"
Thanks pb - now off to work, where the forum is blocked, but that gives me time to think of a suitable topic.
Thu 28/06/07 at 10:51
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Well done to Meka :D

If I'd seen him entering I wouldn't have bothered!! (joking only:))
Thu 28/06/07 at 10:25
"possibly impossible"
Winner Announced!!
Thu 28/06/07 at 10:16
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> I have a great idea! I'll publish a book of all these SSC. I'm
> sure it would be a great success. Of course you'll all be
> compensated with a £10 gift certificate at Blockbusters
> for each SSC I publish.
>
> You can't get fairer than that. =)

Actually, I suggested a while ago that Special Reserve (RIP) should have got all the stories together from the original SSC to publish, even if just to their members.

It's still a very good idea, but you need to get author's permissions first...
Thu 28/06/07 at 10:07
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
A whole tenner? Gee I didn't think they were worth that much so I'll snatch your hand off for that offer :D
Thu 28/06/07 at 10:02
Regular
I have a great idea! I'll publish a book of all these SSC. I'm sure it would be a great success. Of course you'll all be compensated with a £10 gift certificate at Blockbusters for each SSC I publish.

You can't get fairer than that. =)
Thu 28/06/07 at 09:56
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
lol - sorry pb. Didn't get anything until yesterday lunchtime - thought I'd missed the deadline but turns out I hadn't.

Right I'm off to catch up on my reading. SSC 10 here I come ><
Thu 28/06/07 at 09:53
Regular
Aww and you made them rush their stories like that pb.

I'll have a read through too =)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.