GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Changes to Gameaday"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/04/03 at 15:06
Regular
Business is booming, but summer is looming

Gameaday is being reverted to one prize per day, commencing tomorrow.

The prize will be issued for the best Review. For the time being there will not be any prizes for cheats, chat, walkthroughs etc.

"Yaa Boo", I hear you say. But you have had a good run with three prizes a day. We are what we are, and that's Gameaday.

So, are the chat prizes and cheats prizes gone forever?

Not on your Nelly.

(Oi Noi, now I'm really in trouble. Better scarper. Talk amongst yourselves fellas)
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:44
Regular
lol! I've just thought of something...

I bet we get lots of noobish members asking why GAD1 hasn't been updated all week :D
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Tony wrote:

> True enough, we would appreciate your support. Buy hey, promotions
> are never never-ending.

And my support you have had - and if you get round to opening a shop in Ipswich - we could do with a decent games shop here - you would have more...
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:42
Regular
When I first joined, there was only one game given out per day.

I think it is fairer that it is only given out for reviews this time...as it both promotes SR products, and doesn't get people moaning that they lost after typing up a 10,000 word essay to someone posting 6 cheats.
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Edgy wrote:
> Now we'll really see who's here just for the free games...

ME! But I'll still be here anyhow. Trouble is I've reviewed every game and piece of hardware in my collection, including a fantastic 800-word indepth review of a Sony 8MB Memory Card. (That took some doing).

*Thinks about reviewing his Mouse*

:)
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:40
Regular
If it allows SR to build up a little cash to start expanding into the unknown territories....that is, anywhere outside London and Somerset :D, complain I will not :D
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:39
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Flanders wrote:
> So then - it looks like the GAD compo has attracted to many spakkers
> who post junk and don't actually buy anything from SR - so as a
> marketing poly it just ain't doin what SR were hoping for.
>
> The post should have read.
>
> " Oi - you lot - buy more games from us so we can make more money
> and can afford to keep on giving away three free games every day
> "

True enough, we would appreciate your support. Buy hey, promotions are never never-ending.
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:37
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Good. I never could win a Gameaday for something I wrote on the
> forums.

Dark Mark sees the Bright Side.
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:35
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
So then - it looks like the GAD compo has attracted to many spakkers who post junk and don't actually buy anything from SR - so as a marketing poly it just ain't doin what SR were hoping for.

The post should have read.

" Oi - you lot - buy more games from us so we can make more money and can afford to keep on giving away three free games every day "
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:34
Regular
Now we'll really see who's here just for the free games...

Be prepared for one lined reviews and less appearances from many members on the forums...

Meanwhile, I'll happily build up some ideas for when the summer slowdown is over (reminds SR that sales of Zelda, Hitman 2, Skies of Arcadia, etc are bound to be high).
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Remember me?"
Good. I never could win a Gameaday for something I wrote on the forums.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.