GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Easy web site creation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/05/07 at 10:23
Regular
I like the sound of the new ideas that freeola are to be offering soon, I see that they will be offering Blogs Geustbooks counters and online photo galleries, I am hoping that this will be all part of our monthly fee? and not an added extra?? its all due to launch in June some time.

Also there will be web templates as well and they say that you can have a Pro looking site in minutes :-) now thats a claim and and a half.

Kev
Sat 02/06/07 at 10:56
Regular
If you click here it should take you to the page that tells all. Just checked that link and you will need to be logged in to myfreeola to see it, it looks like the only link to this new feature is in your control panel.

Kev
Sat 02/06/07 at 09:49
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
I haven't been around much in the last week or so. Can someone point me in the right direction for info on Freeola's new products? I've had a look around (latest news etc.) and can't find any mention of the new ideas.
Thanks...
Wed 30/05/07 at 16:40
Regular
All give it a bash, I am online everyday but it may be a while before I can trawl back through the posts, if you have time? and would like to help? then please do, and I will soon make it stick, I have my prit stick on hand.

Kev

P.S. I hope you wont expect me to jump off a bridge if the other moderators start doing bridge jumping :-)

Garin wrote:
> Digitrader wrote:
> Do I have the authority to do that?
>
> Other moderators do, so I see no reason you cannot.
Wed 30/05/07 at 16:37
Regular
Hi Dan
I agree and disagree with your thinking, most clients that I have even if its handed them on a plate simply would not have the time or the inclanation to spend on making a web site no matter how easy freeola or any other hosting company make it for them.

You make websites your clients sell products, its like asking a butcher to build a wall, or a plumber to hang wallpaper, sort of thing, sure some may take up the challenge but it may not be as professional as one of your hand built sites.

On the matter of guest books and counters etc, I think in light of all this security that freeola are on about and spam attacks etc they should as a matter of course provide (inc in my monthly fee) these things hosted by them on their servers knowing that they will be spam and virus free, rather than risk us customers using an inferior product from another source?

I hear what your saying Dan
Wed 30/05/07 at 16:16
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Digitrader wrote:
> Do I have the authority to do that?

Other moderators do, so I see no reason you cannot.
Wed 30/05/07 at 16:06
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Kev - Loki,

Sorry if I have missed something here but the introduction of an 'instant website builder template' is NOT a good thing for a lot of us who post here at all.

For example we currently have our portfolio of websites we have purchased, built and maintain for current clients on Freeola. A prospective client then arrives at Freeola, via us, to look at said sites sees the instant website for £50 or so and HEY PRESTO we loose business !!!.

It's hard enough these days with people thinking it's a 2 minute job to build a site or add 'just another 2 pages' (without realising you then have to update the other 8 to accomodate this. Also expecting it for near as damn it free, we have bills to pay too.

I totally fail to see how this aspect will be of any benefit whatsoever, please explain ?????

I agree the counters / stats / guestbooks will be welcome BUT not this.

Dan
Wed 30/05/07 at 16:02
Regular
Do I have the authority to do that?
Wed 30/05/07 at 14:36
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Speaking of work....

Digitrader, since you're a mod of this forum. How about a sticky thread containing links to the tutorials that cjh & co have done. :)
Wed 30/05/07 at 01:34
Regular
All sounds good Loki and IMHO some really posative steps being made to enhance what is a really good service already. Keep up the good work.

Kev
Tue 29/05/07 at 17:41
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
A complementary Instant Site will be offered to Broadband customers, so it will be free for the majority of Freeola internet connection subscribers. So hardly a catch, I reckon ;)

We are considering an option to 'bolt-on' features like Guestbooks, Chat Forums, Galleries and Blogs to existing websites for a reduced fee (ie. for those customers uploading sites to a webspace folder, rather than using the full Instant Sites system).

We are also looking sell a hosting package in the near future that will give customers access to stats/logs as well as other advanced features (to be confirmed). This will be an alternative to the Free Hosting/Freedom service (i.e. it will be a standalone package, not linked to the Freeola Free Services or Internet Connections) and I should be able to give you some further details on this within the next month or so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.