GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 18:12
Regular
This is the face if a worried man - :o

And that at the moment is me. Over the past week, when loading a game on my PS2 it has been making a rather unusual ticking noise, its not the laser moving, its another strange noise, and it started to worry me. Then, 3 times during the last 3 days, when turning my PS 2 on, waiting for it to load the game up it had said " Disc Error" or something to that effect.

This has happened on 3 games, GTA 3, Pro Evo and Smackdown 3. Its only happened on these games as there the only ones i have played other the last week.

Im not sure what to do, is it just a one off and will the problem go away, or should i ring Sony, bare in mind the 24th November has gone and so has my warranty, will they do anything or will they charge me as i can not afford to pay for a replacement.

Anyone else had a similar problem, and what should i do?
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
This is the face if a worried man - :o

And that at the moment is me. Over the past week, when loading a game on my PS2 it has been making a rather unusual ticking noise, its not the laser moving, its another strange noise, and it started to worry me. Then, 3 times during the last 3 days, when turning my PS 2 on, waiting for it to load the game up it had said " Disc Error" or something to that effect.

This has happened on 3 games, GTA 3, Pro Evo and Smackdown 3. Its only happened on these games as there the only ones i have played other the last week.

Im not sure what to do, is it just a one off and will the problem go away, or should i ring Sony, bare in mind the 24th November has gone and so has my warranty, will they do anything or will they charge me as i can not afford to pay for a replacement.

Anyone else had a similar problem, and what should i do?
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I had that with GT3. Try trading in your game from whereveryou got it and if that doesn't work then complain about the PS2 to the shop in which you got it. They may replace but they may not. If they don't then bad luck.
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:21
Regular
Well its 3 games not 1, so i cant see it being likely to be a problem with all 3 games.

And i bought my PS2 from here, SR, i pre-ordered it here with the Sony scheme so that would be a year ago and i doubt they will replace it now.
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:23
"High polygon count"
Phone Sony and get it replaced, mate. 08705 998877.

Even if it's out of warranty not, give it a go - you may find it'll still get replaced at no charge.
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:32
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I got my PSone replaced for nothing and they didnt even ask me if the warranty is still valid
Wed 28/11/01 at 09:14
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
They may be leniant on the warranty as it's only a couple of days over. They let me off 2 weeks with my washing machine he other week.
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:42
Regular
Well after too many ' disc error reads' for my liking i finally rang Sony up today.

They said that they would send me my new PS2 on Tuesday, but i have a slight worry. The guy i spoke to first, before he put me through to the tech guy who sorts the delivery stuff out, told me that there would be a charge as it was out of warranty, he said he could not tell me how much as he did not know, but the tech guy would tell me.

However, the tech guy did not tell me, just asked what the problem was, got my address and said it would be picked up on tuesday with my new PS2.

So will i be charged? And does anyone know how much it may be likly to be, i dont have £200 to give them if they ask for it.

Anyone know?
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:54
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
If you don't have enough money when the delivery guy comes, just tell him to go away. He can't force you to pay if you haven't agreed a price. You won't have a new PS2, but you won't be broke either.
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:57
Regular
Yeah but the problem is becoming more and more apparant and will eventually pack in, then what will i do, 17 games but no PS2.
Sat 01/12/01 at 20:01
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Wait until you can fit the PS2 into your budget.
(wait until yer got enough cash!!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.