GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAMEADAY NEWS STORY SHOCKER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 17:46
Regular
Here's another chance or two to win an EXTRA GAMEADAY prize of any game of your choice from our entire catalogue.

Just write a headline and a news story.

It must be true.

It must be in your own words, not copied word for word.

It must be of interest to our type of people.

The best of these will appear in the News Headlines across our site and at Upwire.com.

By "best" we mean the "most interesting".

The best of the best will be awarded the prize. You will NOT necessarily win a prize if your story is used.

The first prize will be awarded one week from now, at 17:00 on December 4th.

If the pontest is copular then it will be pereated the loffowing week.

Get your stories now from any news source. You must enter them in this thread for them to be considered.
Tue 27/11/01 at 21:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
JaCeeUK wrote:
> -Nintendo’s turning hard!-

After an exclusive interview with Capcom’s top
> cheese, The JaCee Daily can now say that Nintendo are leaving that colourful,
> baby-ish, Pokemon kind of scene when they realese the G-Cube in the UK
> .

Nintendo have been branded with the name ‘soft’ due to people like Pikachu
> and his other 149 friends, chubby little Mario and co. and all the pretty
> colours of N64 controllers.
But are latest news seems that Nintendo are now
> trying to shake the toddler scene that has put many ‘older’ gamers off from
> buying Nintendo’s previous console, Nintendo 64.
Capcom is providing
> screenshots and amazing looking video clips of their latest game for the Game
> Cube, Resident Evil.
From are pictures the violence for the G-Cube’s Resi seems
> to have been turned up a notch, the latest screen shots show real time-elements,
> such as the blood being a slightly different colour depending of the lighting of
> the room. You will now be able to shoot different parts of the zombie’s bodies
> like in the PC classic Soldier of Fortune. So expect to see a few more limbs
> flying around the place.

We managed to get a few words with Scott Cooper, the
> Official Playstation player of the Cooper Household, he says, “I might not be
> the biggest fan of Nintendo, or Resident Evil at that but I’m very impressed
> with the latest Resi game. I think it’s a good move how Nintendo are trying to
> shake of that younger look, this will attract a whole new crowd of
> gamers.”

When leaving we also got a question in with Nanny Cooper, Official
> ‘Nagger’ of the Coopers, here what’s she has to say about the Resident Evil
> series, “Who shot who in the what now?”
Were still at this time are trying to
> get a straight answer.

With the Game Cube planning to reach the UK this
> coming spring don’t expect a whole load of childish games on the shelves, so to
> all the horror freaks out there, brush the dust off of those shotguns, the
> Zombies are coming! (Oh and if you don’t mind, you couldn’t give a quick
> shooting to Pikachu while your at it could you? Many thanks)

Jason
> Cooper
The JaCee Daily

Good entry, it may just be a bit to long though. have you read any of the news articles, they keep them quite short.
Tue 27/11/01 at 21:02
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Headline: £1 wont buy you anything these days, except a Gamecube

Story:
An online auction site have set up five auctions, the bidding starts at a mere £1 on each one, and did I mention the auction is for a brand spanking new nintendo gamecube.
The auctions will run for seven days, at the end of this period the five highest bidders will get their own, state of the art gamecube, not bad eh? Not only will the lucky winners get a gamecube, they will be getting it months before every one else, who has to wait until march of next year.

If you dont even have £1 that you are willing to spend on games (cheap skate) then why not try yur luck at gameaday, all it will cost you is a bit of your time.

You can pre-order your gamecube now from special reserve, just click here, and soon there will be a next generation nintendo with your name on it.

CDouch
Tue 27/11/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Hoo Har"
-Nintendo’s turning hard!-

After an exclusive interview with Capcom’s top cheese, The JaCee Daily can now say that Nintendo are leaving that colourful, baby-ish, Pokemon kind of scene when they realese the G-Cube in the UK .

Nintendo have been branded with the name ‘soft’ due to people like Pikachu and his other 149 friends, chubby little Mario and co. and all the pretty colours of N64 controllers.
But are latest news seems that Nintendo are now trying to shake the toddler scene that has put many ‘older’ gamers off from buying Nintendo’s previous console, Nintendo 64.
Capcom is providing screenshots and amazing looking video clips of their latest game for the Game Cube, Resident Evil.
From are pictures the violence for the G-Cube’s Resi seems to have been turned up a notch, the latest screen shots show real time-elements, such as the blood being a slightly different colour depending of the lighting of the room. You will now be able to shoot different parts of the zombie’s bodies like in the PC classic Soldier of Fortune. So expect to see a few more limbs flying around the place.

We managed to get a few words with Scott Cooper, the Official Playstation player of the Cooper Household, he says, “I might not be the biggest fan of Nintendo, or Resident Evil at that but I’m very impressed with the latest Resi game. I think it’s a good move how Nintendo are trying to shake of that younger look, this will attract a whole new crowd of gamers.”

When leaving we also got a question in with Nanny Cooper, Official ‘Nagger’ of the Coopers, here what’s she has to say about the Resident Evil series, “Who shot who in the what now?”
Were still at this time are trying to get a straight answer.

With the Game Cube planning to reach the UK this coming spring don’t expect a whole load of childish games on the shelves, so to all the horror freaks out there, brush the dust off of those shotguns, the Zombies are coming! (Oh and if you don’t mind, you couldn’t give a quick shooting to Pikachu while your at it could you? Many thanks)

Jason Cooper
The JaCee Daily
Tue 27/11/01 at 20:52
Regular
Tony wrote:
Please go and find more
> people for UKchatforums.
Especially females.

yeah, we rock
Tue 27/11/01 at 20:48
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Headline: And They're off!

Article:

The gun has sounded and the race is off, which race am I talking about, the great console race of course. Now all three entrants in the race (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube) are at the starting line, the race can begin. the three consolse will travel from the manufacturors, to stores across the world, and then finish up in some ones christmas stocking.

But which console will rain triaphant, which will have its controlers held in the air in victory, and which will be left on the shelfs with discarded picachu toys. place your bets now! Each has different qualities, the PS2 with its built in, and ready to go DVD player aswell as the bonus of playing original playstation games. The Xbox has its hard drive, and the gamecube has um...four controler ports, so theres no need for multi-taps.

Which ever wins, its going to be a fun and enjoyable race, atleast for us. Each company will keep lowering their prices to beat their oponents to the sale. We can also expect to see some great advances in the games we play and the accesories that help us play them.

GAME ON!

CDouch
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Erm.. What if we find it from like a source in France or something. Say we go on holiday then we see this in a local french newspaper how do you know its true? We could just make up an amazing story and say "Oh yea its from Japan" :o) Sorry to be picky :o)
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
"No Blind Dates for Nadia - Exclusive"

Actress Nadia Sawahla has sensationally revealed that she would never go on a blind date with someone. "I'd never go on a blind date", said Miss Sawahla, sister of Absolutely Fabulous star Julia. When asked why, she shrugged her shoulders before releasing a torrent of expletives at some passing ducks.
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Tony, do you mind telling me how many words your expecting?
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:18
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Is this for real, no offence to the staff, it's just that I just made a one called Special New Bulletin. I hope it can enter the competition, I sent in at the future if gaming forums, under my own topic.

Than you

Son Of Liberty
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:05
Regular
Oh, headline.

How about "Sand-in-eye." :0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.