GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nin's PC Questions Page"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/05/07 at 04:49
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seeing as they keep getting buried in the WLT, i'll place them here. If anyone else wants to use this theyre welcome to and i'll questions to the main post.

1. Why would a HDD display half the memory it supposedly has?

2. Can anyone find a command list for Caldera-DOS?

3. Is it possible to replace Caldera-DOS with MS-DOS?

I'm sure there are more i've forgotten. I'll check back.
Mon 28/05/07 at 19:33
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ok i did that and what ended up on the disk were the 7 or 8 files from the RAR file, that is the LAST SESSION configuration stuff, a couple of folders and some unknown WIN51 files.
I've put the disk into the other pc and.... nothing... at all. A black screen with a flashing _
Mon 28/05/07 at 19:31
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Are the staff at Freeola happy about letting people openly discuss things like this?

Jus' curious, is all.
Mon 28/05/07 at 18:23
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Burn image to disc sounds about right. I'm not sure exactly what the create bootable disc thing does but I've created loads of bootable discs from ISOs in Nero and other CD-writing software without ever touching it.
Mon 28/05/07 at 15:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ok i'll do that.
I'm starting entirely new. I'm back to the 22part rar file. I've opened part 1 and it says ISO in the extension. Once unzipped it says RAR.
Ok ive just launched Nero and first thing i see is Burn Image to Disk under the Copy and Backup part. I assume its that i have to use instead of make a bootable disk or do i need to do both?
Mon 28/05/07 at 14:55
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Yup Garin's right then, it didn't burn the image properly.

Think of the image (iso) as being like a container of all the files on the CD. What should happen, when you burn it, is that Nero will take all the individual files out of the iso and put them onto the CD.

It's presumably showing it as a winrar file (what's the extension?) because Windows has associated WinRar with .iso files.
In your Nero, there should be an option which says 'burn image to disc' or just 'burn image' or something like that. If you can't find it, look in the help files for image or iso.
Mon 28/05/07 at 14:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
XP Performance V4

Says it's a RAR file, looks like a RAR file but i know that when i burnt it it looked said it was an ISO.
I'm using NeroStartSmart by the way
Mon 28/05/07 at 13:52
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Okay, well let's go back a bit. if you put that disc into a (working) computer and browse its contents, what do you see?
Mon 28/05/07 at 13:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Garin wrote:
> Given your previous comments in the WLT about what you were doing
> I suspect you still havent burned the disc image but rather
> copied it onto the CD and then made it bootable via Nero.

Nero said it was burnt to disk but i'm not so sure about the disk image either.
Mon 28/05/07 at 13:41
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Given your previous comments in the WLT about what you were doing I suspect you still havent burned the disc image but rather copied it onto the CD and then made it bootable via Nero.
Mon 28/05/07 at 13:39
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Hm, think I got mine from eMule come to think of it but it was a long time ago now.
I probably shouldn't give any direct links on here, but if you go onto isohunt and do a search for Windows XP Pro SP2 [I'd advise Pro even if you had Home before to avoid any problems with their product activation] there are a bunch of healthyish torrents around the 600mb mark. I'd guess any of those will be fine. Check that the one you choose contains an .iso or something, and not some strange obscure format that you'll need to find strange obscure software to burn.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.