GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shame on you Dixons."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/04/03 at 12:24
Regular
Anyone been into Dixons recently?

The words 'price crash', and 'clear out' spring to mind.

No new titles in store, all remaining games £24.99 or less to clear, official pads £15.98.

GC shelves half empty, and not being re-stocked.

Even worse, their new games catalogue doesn't make any mention the GC, as if it never happened.

So, cheap consoles may boost sales short term, but no-one's gonna be buying their GCs from Dixons in the very near future.

V.

Obviously I don't really care, I love my GC, and the satisfying number of excellent games, but stores that choose to support XBox and drops GC?

Purleez...

(Shame on you, Dixons)
Sat 12/04/03 at 18:50
Regular
Sigh.

Whats the big deal with sales? Mavericks always coming along and stating that the GC has sold more then the Xbox. Where has he got these facts?

And who really gives a tuck?

Dixons drop Gamecube, Big Deal, get over it.
Sat 12/04/03 at 17:58
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Whitestripes wrote:
> You would be forgetting that in Japan the GC has sold well over 2
> million, and the Xbox hasn't managed 1 million yet.

Japan doesn't bother me. I don't live in Japan.
Sat 12/04/03 at 17:57
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Maverick42 wrote:
> And where's yours?

Heh. My proof was the quote from a website above where I asked for your proof.
Sat 12/04/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Went into Dixons today. Not 1 GC game to be seen, wiped out, gone, nadda. I take it they aren't gonna be getting anymore stock in either as the X-Box and PS2 games have taken over the whole gaming section.

Also, went into Woolies aswell and the GC stuff has been thrown into the corner. Not much GC stock at all, but they have now started stocking X-Box games now.

From what I've seen today the future doesn't look bright for the little cube.
Sat 12/04/03 at 17:09
Regular
You would be forgetting that in Japan the GC has sold well over 2 million, and the Xbox hasn't managed 1 million yet.
Sat 12/04/03 at 16:57
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> Taken from Xboxrules.com:
>
> "Xbox has exceeded the two million console mark in Europe,
> placing it well ahead of Nintendo’s GameCube. "

At the end of 2002, Xbox had sold 1.4 million whereas GameCube had sold 1.5 million. In terms of weekly sales, GameCube is well ahead due to recent releases and deals.

> Where's the proof for your statement then?

And where's yours?
Sat 12/04/03 at 12:39
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Really, why do you all actually care about how many units a console
> has sold, when really, it doesn't matter a damn bit to you?

Doesn't make a difference to me - I own all 3 consoles.

I just resent people's hatred towards the Xbox, along with the constant moaning towards Dixons for dropping the GC. So I'm prepared to argue with my own opinion of these companies.
Sat 12/04/03 at 12:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
But no site will really be accurate.

Xboxrules.com - surely that's going to be just a little bit of a fanboy site... yes? Yes, surely it is. They'll say all that they can to make people believe that Xbox is better.

Just the same as cube-europe.com being a Ninty fanboy site. It will do all it can to make the GameCube look better and if it has sold more.

Really, why do you all actually care about how many units a console has sold, when really, it doesn't matter a damn bit to you?
Sat 12/04/03 at 11:38
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Taken from Xboxrules.com:

"Xbox has exceeded the two million console mark in Europe, placing it well ahead of Nintendo’s GameCube. "

(near the bottom of the page)

Where's the proof for your statement then?

Also, the Xbox doesn't take up more shelf space. It takes up more warehouse space - but warehouses have plenty of space anyway.

Consoles take as much shelf space as the manager wants it too. After all, all the games come in DVD case sized boxes.
Fri 11/04/03 at 23:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tóm wrote:
> #1 Hunter wrote:
> It sells less
>
> No it doesn't.

Yes it does, a few weeks ago it was 14,000.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.