GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shame on you Dixons."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/04/03 at 12:24
Regular
Anyone been into Dixons recently?

The words 'price crash', and 'clear out' spring to mind.

No new titles in store, all remaining games £24.99 or less to clear, official pads £15.98.

GC shelves half empty, and not being re-stocked.

Even worse, their new games catalogue doesn't make any mention the GC, as if it never happened.

So, cheap consoles may boost sales short term, but no-one's gonna be buying their GCs from Dixons in the very near future.

V.

Obviously I don't really care, I love my GC, and the satisfying number of excellent games, but stores that choose to support XBox and drops GC?

Purleez...

(Shame on you, Dixons)
Tue 15/04/03 at 17:56
Regular
Didn't look like it. Not the copy I saw anyway...
Tue 15/04/03 at 17:21
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Still, the PS2 stuff didn't seem badly priced, GTA3 for £23,

Isn't GTA3 platinum now?
Tue 15/04/03 at 17:06
Regular
Was in there today. Cube stock seems to be winding up now.

Still, the PS2 stuff didn't seem badly priced, GTA3 for £23, VC for £30, and a free (3rd party) pad with every game over £35.
Tue 15/04/03 at 16:36
Regular
if dixons aren't selling its because they insist on taking the normal price then adding 25% and calling it a deal. Even games which have been out for a year or two are always full priced. Just because they can't run a shop! GAME< SR and the likes provide much better prices so obviously they can't compete
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:50
Regular
"elsonar.co.uk"
24.99 buy them while u can then bully them to restock there not exactly smart are they!!!!
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:37
Regular
SSBM's single player rules. Event matches, collecting trophies, stadium mini games, clasic; adventure; all star - and that's not to mention the various and unlockable characters, stages and difficulty settings.

Multiplayer rocks equally. Top stuff.
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:35
Regular
Dr Duck wrote:

> Okay, pikmin is pretty unique, but (imo) ssbm wasn't anything that
> special.

Smash Brothers is the most uniquely fantastic multiplayer game around!
Still, I suppose that's useless if you have no one to play against...
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:30
Regular
Hmph. Any decent Xbox game, Cube could match - and then some too. The Cube has an identical back catalogue to the PS2 in terms of quality. So I know which one I'd buy..
Sun 13/04/03 at 23:22
Regular
You can't go waving around games that aren't even out (here) yet :^P

Okay, pikmin is pretty unique, but (imo) ssbm wasn't anything that special.

DVD player, decent online blah.

Oh, cube's 56k compatibility though... ahhhh...
Sun 13/04/03 at 22:49
Regular
Dr Duck wrote:

> Any other games can be offset by good xbox/ps2 alternatives.

Apart from the quirky and multiplayer games, don't forget!

Pikmin, Animal Crossing etc rule the quirky roost while Smash Brothers, Mario Kart etc hold the multiplayer crown. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.