GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Competition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/04/03 at 22:20
Regular
Has anybody seen that competition on the nintendo.co.uk website? It's a competition to create something based on Zelda that is totally original containing no already copyrighted material. The winner get's the zelda and gamecube set with a signed t-shirt by that guy who owns nintendo or some poo. 9 runners up get the gamecube with the new zelda game. I really want to enter but I'm not sure what they mean by creation. I'm gonna do a big drawing thing but chances are someone will make a 20 ft model of their character "Aldez"...sigh...ohwell any ideas on "creations" post them here. BRAINSTORM PEOPLE! GO!:D
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I know Shigsy's name as I bought the official Ninty mag religiously for a few months and they verbally raped him, "Oh Shigsy you are so good, mm let me touch you." Etc.

I don't however know who made the Playstation consoles or any of the Sega machines. It isn't the consumers place to know.
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
WOW! He had a serious mole problem.
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yep, Shigsy created Pikmin. He modelled the levels on his back garden, too.
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:06
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I just thought Shig...whatever owned Nintendo as I don't normally read Nintendo magazines etc and they aren't normally front page news. Wasn't he the guy who created Pikmin though? Or am I being a fool again?
Sun 13/04/03 at 10:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cubist wrote:
with a signed t-shirt by that guy who owns
> nintendo

As the other guys said, it's signed by Shigeru Miyamoto. Satoru Iwata owns Ninty.

Jeez.
Sun 13/04/03 at 10:48
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I don't care who designs cars, why would I care who designs gameboys?

And clearly the only way to win this competition is to genetically engineer an elf-boy thing, dress him in green and then forge him a sword of tremendous power.
Sun 13/04/03 at 09:32
Regular
"DS..."
cookie monster wrote:
> Cubist wrote:
> Has anybody seen that competition on the nintendo.co.uk website?
> It's
> a competition to create something based on Zelda that is totally
> original containing no already copyrighted material. The winner
> get's
> the zelda and gamecube set with a signed t-shirt by that guy who
> owns
> nintendo or some poo.
>
> You sir are a fool. The t-shirt is signed by none other than Shigeru
> Miyamoto.

fool? heh, and even thats putting it mildly :D I can't believe the ammount of people who are so IGNORANT that they don't know who the great Shigeru Miyamoto is, i mean ffs he's created Donkey Kong, Mario and the highly acclaimed Legend of Zelda series to name but a few, and in this day and age people STILL don't know who he is *shakes head* ignorant people who don't recognise the great inovators of today are slowly contributing to killing the games industry, in fact i'd be amazed if even less than half the people in this forum could even name the famed creator of the Gameboy: - the most successful games console EVER and the now more widely known Metroid series, i'm waiting...

slik ~_~
Sun 13/04/03 at 01:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cubist wrote:
> Has anybody seen that competition on the nintendo.co.uk website? It's
> a competition to create something based on Zelda that is totally
> original containing no already copyrighted material. The winner get's
> the zelda and gamecube set with a signed t-shirt by that guy who owns
> nintendo or some poo.

You sir are a fool. The t-shirt is signed by none other than Shigeru Miyamoto.
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I'll do something tomorrow, perhaps.
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Has anybody seen that competition on the nintendo.co.uk website? It's a competition to create something based on Zelda that is totally original containing no already copyrighted material. The winner get's the zelda and gamecube set with a signed t-shirt by that guy who owns nintendo or some poo. 9 runners up get the gamecube with the new zelda game. I really want to enter but I'm not sure what they mean by creation. I'm gonna do a big drawing thing but chances are someone will make a 20 ft model of their character "Aldez"...sigh...ohwell any ideas on "creations" post them here. BRAINSTORM PEOPLE! GO!:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.