GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Competition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/04/03 at 22:20
Regular
Has anybody seen that competition on the nintendo.co.uk website? It's a competition to create something based on Zelda that is totally original containing no already copyrighted material. The winner get's the zelda and gamecube set with a signed t-shirt by that guy who owns nintendo or some poo. 9 runners up get the gamecube with the new zelda game. I really want to enter but I'm not sure what they mean by creation. I'm gonna do a big drawing thing but chances are someone will make a 20 ft model of their character "Aldez"...sigh...ohwell any ideas on "creations" post them here. BRAINSTORM PEOPLE! GO!:D
Sun 13/04/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Mr Yoko, also worked on The gameswan colour (for a rival company), he was driving either to or from a press conforence for the machine when the crash happened.

(I Think)
Sun 13/04/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Indeed. Hows the anorexia(ish) thing now?

I went out and got very drunk. Then I ate all the meat out of a kebab and gave the bread to someone else who decided he wanted it. Still, I've eaten about as much in the last 7 days as I normally would in 2. Not that it's necessarily bad for me mind.
Sun 13/04/03 at 13:16
Regular
More info about Mr Yoko, he created the Virtual Boy also, which, due to being a huge failure, had him fired from console development I believe. He then died in a car crash in 1997, many believing this was the reason there was no Metroid game on the N64.

See, I know my Ninty.
Sun 13/04/03 at 13:12
Regular
$lik wrote:
> creator of the Gameboy: - the most successful games console
> EVER and the now more widely known Metroid series, i'm waiting...

Gunpei Yoko, I'm not sure how it's spelt, but I know it was him.

One of the guys at Games Central thought that Shigsy created them. The fool.
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:23
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Indeed. Hows the anorexia(ish) thing now?
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:20
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Both.
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
BEARDS. wrote:
> It clearly was.

Clearly fantasy or clearly necessary?
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
It just really annoys me when magazines are so intend on getting in the 'good books' of someone high up in the organisation that they are incapable of mentioning them without sucking up to them.

For example they would be writing about E3 and...

"At this years E3 Shigsy shower up to unveil his new game, Pikmin Xtreme rally inferno, isn't he great? Look at his eyes, they are so deep and shiny. I wish I could marry him, he is such a caring guy..."

And so forth
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:16
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
It clearly was.
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:13
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Kyz22 wrote:
> I know Shigsy's name as I bought the official Ninty mag religiously
> for a few months and they verbally raped him, "Oh Shigsy you are
> so good, mm let me touch you." Etc.

Was that necessary? Really?

Fantasy or what?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.