GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 discs!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 23:57
Regular
I brought my PS2 back in January of this year and have never regretted buying it, but there has been one thing I have noticed that Sony have got a bit wrong. At this point your probably saying there is nothing wrong with the PS2, but yes, it’s the discs they get scratched very easily compared to PS1 games. This is especially with the CD discs, I have 2 games that are on CD discs and both of them have scratches, which may be due to the PS2 when in the vertical position because the scratches are in the same position as one of the grooves in the disc tray. These scratches in fact stop the games from working and I had to send away for new replacement discs at a cost of £10 each. The DVD discs on the other hand are much better as so fare they have no scratches on them and they still work.

So remember kids, if you look after your Playstation discs then your games will look after you!
Mon 26/11/01 at 11:09
Hmm.

My PS2 does make a noise, a really unhealthy cow-type noise when playing Starfighter, MGS2 Demo, and sometimes Timesplitters.
Mon 26/11/01 at 10:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
When I had a SNES I use to keep the cartridges in the plastic bag they provided. This kept them safe and they were really easy to get out and use.
Mon 26/11/01 at 09:51
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Hmmm, am i the odd one out? i dont really give a toss about my discs ... games
> or films.

You've been very lucky then, I reckon! I can't believe you pay all that money for a game (or movie) and risk damaging it by keeping it in a pile, unboxed!

> Suppose its just a habit i picked up from the Nintendo systems (carts
> dont need cases).

I even kept my Gameboy/Gamegear carts in their boxes... get any dust on the contacts and you could lose the game and the console.
Mon 26/11/01 at 00:40
Regular
Hmmm, am i the odd one out? i dont really give a toss about my discs ... games or films. I just pile them up to i dont have to keep getting them out of thier cases. Suppose its just a habit i picked up from the Nintendo systems (carts dont need cases).

All my discs work fine mind. I got a old copy of ISS pro evo that has loads of scratches, but it still works fine.
Sun 25/11/01 at 23:34
I can add a third to the sad/psychotic/scary disc straightening club!
Sun 25/11/01 at 23:28
"High polygon count"
I do... I thought I was the only sad git to do that, so thanks! :-)
Sun 25/11/01 at 15:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I look after my games aswell. Does anyone have to always put the disc perfectly in the case so its got the PS2 bit at the bottom and the name at the top. I can never have any CD/DVD that isnt perfectly at 0 degrees roation. Do you get what I mean ?
Sun 25/11/01 at 13:24
Regular
nope i do aswell
Sun 25/11/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Back For Good"
am i the only person who looks after my discs??
Sun 25/11/01 at 10:46
Thanks for your replys, I might just phone sony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.