GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 discs!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 23:57
Regular
I brought my PS2 back in January of this year and have never regretted buying it, but there has been one thing I have noticed that Sony have got a bit wrong. At this point your probably saying there is nothing wrong with the PS2, but yes, it’s the discs they get scratched very easily compared to PS1 games. This is especially with the CD discs, I have 2 games that are on CD discs and both of them have scratches, which may be due to the PS2 when in the vertical position because the scratches are in the same position as one of the grooves in the disc tray. These scratches in fact stop the games from working and I had to send away for new replacement discs at a cost of £10 each. The DVD discs on the other hand are much better as so fare they have no scratches on them and they still work.

So remember kids, if you look after your Playstation discs then your games will look after you!
Fri 30/11/01 at 22:56
true if every one would just support the sponsors by buying the game they would reduce it a bit. once i read that if piracy was to stop games could go half-price. by the way u wanted to know where to buy cheap games goto http://www.ukplay2.com or http://www.ukp2.com there games are around 28 or so quid very good i bought alot fromt here and quick delivery too
Wed 28/11/01 at 16:57
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Just a tip for repairing scratched discs I saw last week on some internet site, Brasso metal polish, apparently it works just as well as crystal disc, which worked well, but is damn hard to find now. If anyone tries this can they post a responce with how it worked.
Wed 28/11/01 at 12:17
"High polygon count"
Yup - my forums at my site.
Wed 28/11/01 at 12:13
Your forums???
Wed 28/11/01 at 12:08
"High polygon count"
Come on guys, let's keep it friendly... there's been enough arguing recently!

Where you get your games from is entirely your choice, but SR are likely to remove messages that guide people to their competition.

If you want to talk freely about SR's competition, use my forums instead! ;-p
Wed 28/11/01 at 11:57
Just letting people know that you can get cheaper games from SR, just cause i use their forums...if your willing to pay more money, just so that you get the game earlier
Wed 28/11/01 at 00:19
Regular
problem is that they dispatch the Games on launch day with 2nd class delivery. Resulting in a delivery of usually Monday/tuesday.
Tue 27/11/01 at 23:35
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Because there the competition fool.

Anyway, there delivery service is pathetic, pay the extra £2 from SR and get it the day of release or the next day of order.
Tue 27/11/01 at 23:33
Tue 27/11/01 at 13:23
This is tongue in cheek by the way.
Does NE1 outthere know of any supplier that can get PS2 games on the cheap?
I am sick of spending 40 plus pounds on these games - I got three with my console but they are pretty ordinary also.
I am thinking of getting it modified to play 'back-up's'
Will the Developers - not take a hint - Piracy would be stopped or at least reduced if they brought the prices in line with kids/and their parents cash limits!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.