GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i got bored by Vice City..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
my brother has it and ive played it a few times and been bored out of my mind. Ok so it has funny bits and whatever but it really is nothing new from the GTA3. Also its fuzzy. GTA3 is fine on our tv nice sharp graphics but vice city is fuzzy. I just don't think it its much of a game. I mean especially playing metroid prime then playing it. In comparison to metroid the graphics are n64-like.

Anyway come get some PS2 fanboys :p the game you go on about loads is not that great (in my opinion) this isn't any kind of biased ninty opinion cos it sold well, but my honest opinion as a gamer.

Obviously this post is mainly against the graphics but then i just don't find it any different from GTA3. Ok all these new features but its really more of the same. Id prefer it to be different from the origional (ie better) but it isn't.

And yes i know my grammer is not very good but i really can't be bothered atm.
Tue 15/04/03 at 22:03
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Semajal wrote:
Also its fuzzy. GTA3 is fine on our tv nice sharp
> graphics but vice city is fuzzy.

Try turning trails mode off.
Wed 16/04/03 at 10:28
"For the horde!!!!"
While I was at college there was GTA2 installed on the college network and I played the single player game and it was so boring just driving around killing people, the network death matches with my mates were the real highlight but I doubt GTA 3 and VC have multiplay do they.
Wed 16/04/03 at 10:34
Regular
The "fuzzy" look is the neon appearance - it's supposed to be like that.
Wed 16/04/03 at 10:58
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> the network death matches with my mates were
> the real highlight but I doubt GTA 3 and VC have multiplay do they.

Not unless you have a network between each others house, 4 copys of the game, four playstation 2's and four tellys.

Rockstar are genius.
Wed 16/04/03 at 11:32
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> but I doubt GTA 3 and VC have multiplay do they.

I'm hoping they stick the multi-player addirtion onto the PC release... I understood it was pretty much ready for the original GTA3 production, but was kept back for reasons unknown?
Wed 16/04/03 at 11:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
mikelar wrote:
> It's true, anything to do with the '80s is completely gay or at the
> very least ultra-camp.

You fool.. the eighties were fantastic! :)
Wed 16/04/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Yea GTA : Vice city did smell a bit compared to GTA3, but the getaway knocks the socks off the both of them (yes thats right i said socks, go on laugh it up!)
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:08
Regular
I hate the Getaway, Vice City was better, but too much like GTA3, if VC had been released first it would have been far superior. Maybe. I liked the fact that GTA3 had three islands rather than 2 big ones and 3 eensy weensy ones.
Wed 16/04/03 at 19:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Semajal wrote:
> Obviously this post is mainly against the graphics.

To be fair, GTA has never been known to have the best graphics, but the gameplay is great.

Ok, so it has killing and crime sprees and most people see it for just that, but I like it for more than that, I won't go into detail about this just now as I am working on a topic at the moment about GTA:VC.
Wed 16/04/03 at 19:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Arg. The Getaway is even worse.

At least the GTA series actualy is playable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.