GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i got bored by Vice City..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
my brother has it and ive played it a few times and been bored out of my mind. Ok so it has funny bits and whatever but it really is nothing new from the GTA3. Also its fuzzy. GTA3 is fine on our tv nice sharp graphics but vice city is fuzzy. I just don't think it its much of a game. I mean especially playing metroid prime then playing it. In comparison to metroid the graphics are n64-like.

Anyway come get some PS2 fanboys :p the game you go on about loads is not that great (in my opinion) this isn't any kind of biased ninty opinion cos it sold well, but my honest opinion as a gamer.

Obviously this post is mainly against the graphics but then i just don't find it any different from GTA3. Ok all these new features but its really more of the same. Id prefer it to be different from the origional (ie better) but it isn't.

And yes i know my grammer is not very good but i really can't be bothered atm.
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
my brother has it and ive played it a few times and been bored out of my mind. Ok so it has funny bits and whatever but it really is nothing new from the GTA3. Also its fuzzy. GTA3 is fine on our tv nice sharp graphics but vice city is fuzzy. I just don't think it its much of a game. I mean especially playing metroid prime then playing it. In comparison to metroid the graphics are n64-like.

Anyway come get some PS2 fanboys :p the game you go on about loads is not that great (in my opinion) this isn't any kind of biased ninty opinion cos it sold well, but my honest opinion as a gamer.

Obviously this post is mainly against the graphics but then i just don't find it any different from GTA3. Ok all these new features but its really more of the same. Id prefer it to be different from the origional (ie better) but it isn't.

And yes i know my grammer is not very good but i really can't be bothered atm.
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I agree too. Its utterly rubbish. MP is how classic games that deserve their hype should be made.

And this post wasn't really neccessary..... :P
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:50
Regular
i don't like the colours, its to bright and to camp. GTA 3 had atmosphere....
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I dont like Zelda/Mario/Donkey Kong/Wario/Luigi or any of those gay ninty characters, but do you see me moaning?

Well yeah, I call them gay.
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:59
Regular
Ashley wrote:
> i don't like the colours, its to bright and to camp.

*Sigh*
They are supposed to be like that. What with the game being set in the 80s.
Tue 15/04/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It was good

I did get bored, pretty disappointing.

GTA3 was better... mainly due to it being original etc
Tue 15/04/03 at 22:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My uncle has a PS2 and VC, ive played it three times.

But then stopped, it really isnt as great as its portrayed.
Tue 15/04/03 at 22:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Doesn't mean he can't like them.

GTA3 was better. But still pretty poor.

But then again violence and freedom equals good. So why the hell is MP not being blared about by thousands of illiterate newbies?
Tue 15/04/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Selected"
It's true, anything to do with the '80s is completely gay or at the very least ultra-camp.
Tue 15/04/03 at 22:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Pumpkinist wrote:
> Doesn't mean he can't like them.
>
> GTA3 was better. But still pretty poor.
>
> But then again violence and freedom equals good. So why the hell is MP
> not being blared about by thousands of illiterate newbies?

Probably because the blood isnt red.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.