GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So i was sittin there"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/04/03 at 18:57
Regular
Playing on my xbox with my brother and my mum called my sister down and said, "so who wants to go up to london tomorrow" But we go there every month to visit friends, so we all just go "ye ok, might as well" then my dad said "well how bout go to london tomorrow then go to florida for three weeks on friday"
I was in shock, we only came back from the usa in november...
What a suprise, and i get to miss the first two weeks back at school...
So i will be gone for about 3-4 weeks, so i will see you all when i get back...
P.S may be many mistakes in this post as i am excited as hell...
Wed 16/04/03 at 20:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Robin wrote:
> um ye, back to america now, i cant wait, maybe my mum will let me go
> to hooters this time...

#Get on down to Hooters!#
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:21
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Robin wrote:
> Playing on my xbox with my brother and my mum called my sister down

State the person intended, as for all I know, a four eyed monkey could have been playing with my brother, but no other mistakes in that line.

> and said, "so who wants to go up to london tomorrow" But we

The beginning of this line should have went: "and said: " ,not "and said, ". Allways use capital letters for the beggining of a sentence, and London begins with a capital L. Include a question mark, if something is being asked, at the end of the sentence. Try not to start a new sentence with but. It's vulgar.

> go there every month to visit friends, so we all just go "ye ok,

The errors come late in this line, so improvement is definitely seen. None of you went anywhere at the time, so you "all just said", or any past participle which describes the action of speech. "Ye" is currently not an existing word in the English language. "Yeh" is a slang word, commonly taking the place of "yes", though this remains a mystery as to why people use it instead of the same syllabled proper English version of affirmation.

> might as well" then my dad said "well how bout go to london

There is no evidence to suggest what subject "might as well", so remember to include subjects in sentences. Again, end sentences with proper punctuation. The next sentence should state: "Then my dad said:" as there is no captital letter at the beggining of sentence and no punctuation mark to suggest that you would tell us what your "Dad" has said. The next sentence is incomprehensable: revise.

> tomorrow then go to florida for three weeks on friday"

After "tommorow", a break in the sentence is needed. This can be easily applied, through usage of a "Comma". All place names such as Florida begin with capital letters. Again, end sentences with correct punctuation. In this case, use a "Question mark", which is accessed through holding the SHIFT key, and then pressing the bottom right dash key.

> I was in shock, we only came back from the usa in november...

There are not many errors in this line. It would be more appropriate to replace the comma, which procedes the word: "shock" with a full stop. The U.S.A are initials for a place, so use capital letters, and prefferably full stops inbetween the letters, to accentuate the fact that they definitely are initials.

> What a suprise, and i get to miss the first two weeks back at

The word "I" should allways be written as a capital "I". The "first two weeks" of which you speak, have not happened yet, so the structure should be: "and I shall/will get to miss the first two weeks". Otherwise, the sentence is fine.

> school...

Well done. This is the first line which contains no errors.

> So i will be gone for about 3-4 weeks, so i will see you all when i

Remember that "I" is allways a capital letter. It makes bad syntax to put two "So I"s in a sentence and disjoints it. A better alternative would be to place a full stop in place of the comma after "weeks". Discard the "so" in the new sentence.

> get back...

Congratulations! This is the second line which contains no errors. Keep up the good work.

> P.S may be many mistakes in this post as i am excited as hell...

It starts well, but you do not state that "something" may be. Through simple deduction: I have deduced that the common word "There", should precede "may". Remember to use capital Is when talking about yourself.

In response to your statement, yes: there are many mistakes in this post.

As you can probably see, fellow forum members: I'm bored.
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
That's ten minutes of my life wasted.
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:27
Regular
"He's back"
And mine for reading it.
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:29
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You're sick in the head I say!

SICK!
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
What do I do when I'm being bored?

I be pretentious; that's what I be.
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:34
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You missed out a key point: The title.

"so i was sittin there" is littered with errors, as the post was.

I believe it should have read:

"So I was just sitting there..."

Or something along those lines. Do I get a cookie for being a good student?
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Indeed yes.
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:36
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
That made no sense. Allow me to correct myself.

Indeed: you shall get a cookie, as long as you tuck in your shirt.
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:36
Regular
"\\"
Memorandum wrote:
> Or something along those lines. Do I get a cookie for being a good
> student?

were not here to learn... but to lose braincells

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.