GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Censorship"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/09/10 at 09:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
As seen in the news last week the UK film classification board the BBFC has demanded cuts to 2 new films,the remake of the notorious 1978 film I Spit On Your Grave and the very controversial A Serbian Film.There's a few questions I would be interested to hear people on here's views on.

A: Do you guys agree with their actions and agree we as need to be protected from this kind of material ?

B: Do you believe we should be able to legally obtain uncut versions of any film (as in the US where distributors can opt out of the classification process with an 'unrated release).

C: Do you believe the media have a question to answer,in the past they have jumped on bandwagons creating problems where there probably really weren't any.Some of the rubbish written in the tabloids last year about Modern Warfare 2 ( a game classified to be played by over 18's) was laughable IMO.

D: Do you think that in some cases film makers (and maybe some games manufacturers) are simply going too far in an attempt to shock and therefore create controversy.In most cases this creates publicity which the distributors could not buy.Obviously they need to stay on the right side of the Obscene Publications Act but is some material beginning to sail dangerously close to the line ?.

E: Do you think the BBFC is basically a joke ?.What really is the point of a UK only classification body when material available in other parts of the world can be so easily obtained these days ?

I would be interested to hear your views on this guys.But remember this is a family forum so going into any kind of detail on certain films can't really be done on here.
Mon 29/11/10 at 13:29
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
They release it as the industry will make money with sales (especially now it's been cut etc).

Alfonse saw this recently I think. Don't think it's going to be my kinda thing. If there is a point to violence fair enough (Saw 1 say), but other than that it just aint worth it (Saw 2 onwards...).
Mon 29/11/10 at 08:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
A Serbian Film has now been passed by the BBFC with over 4 minutes cut out of it.Apparently it is the 'most cut' release in 16 years.Is there any real point in releasing such a cut version of the film ?.Perhaps they should they have either passed it or just refused to certify it bearing in mind anyone that really wants to see it will find a copy easy enough ?.I'm going to give it a miss myself,sounds a bit rich for me TBH.
Fri 24/09/10 at 08:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Looks like good old Liam Fox is trying to get the forthcoming Medal Of Honour game banned due to fact you can play as the Taliban ?

Before he deems himself worthy of deciding what games we should or should not be allowed to play,perhaps someone should remind him of this ?
Wed 08/09/10 at 22:08
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm not against censorship at all. I don't like these 3, 7, 13, 15 ratings, they just seem pointless. I'd have a sort of U/PG rating (like films), a 15 rating (games with moderate violence, eg. Fable 2) and an 18 rating (your GTA's, CoD's).

It doesn't matter anyway, because any age person can pretty much play any game. Just go on Xbox Live, and you'll notice these so called '18 year olds' have moaning high-pitched voices. Before anyone says, I know I'm a minor who plays the likes of CoD, but thankfully I don't use my mic.
Wed 08/09/10 at 21:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Very good Tim :)

I think we can take it from the responses to this thread most people on here are against censorship of any kind ?.
Wed 08/09/10 at 19:24
Regular
"How Ironic"
Timmargh wrote:
> The worst thing about censorship is
> [b][i][CENSORED][/i][/b]
>
> [Edited by moderator.]

I found this very funny ;D Top marks for comedy gag.
Wed 08/09/10 at 15:09
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The worst thing about censorship is [b][i][CENSORED][/i][/b]

[Edited by moderator.]
Tue 07/09/10 at 22:47
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
im not nine 19 woops
Mon 06/09/10 at 08:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Either he agrees with me so much, he's decided to just repost my
> post, or he's messed his comment up.
>
> *EDIT* Just noticed, he appears to have written at the end of my
> post "I am 9". Quite scary actually.

Yeah,if he's being serious that is scary ! :S

Happy Birthday Fragat,you may now legally go and buy/do stuff you have probably been buying/doing for years ! :)
Mon 06/09/10 at 04:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
Either he agrees with me so much, he's decided to just repost my post, or he's messed his comment up.

*EDIT* Just noticed, he appears to have written at the end of my post "I am 9". Quite scary actually.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.