GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aliens: Could they exist?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/08/10 at 21:43
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Last year I watched a program about how we came into existance, and it got me thinking about the possibility of life in other galaxies.

Without going into too much 'boring' detail, billions of years ago Earth used to have a sister planet, and at some point, both planets collided which tilted Earth on it's axis, and also destroyed the sister planet. But from the debris of this event the Moon was formed.

Then through millions of years of evolution, life started to form as the Moon created the tides and the Sun provided the heat required to create this new life.

So without this 'chance' chain of events, would life as we know it even be possible at all?

If the answer to that question is no, then how would it be possible for life to exist anywhere else in this galaxy, let alone others, as what happened to Earth was very unique?

So is it possible that life exists elsewhere through a similar chain of events occuring, or are we actually alone as a result of some freak occurances, which has put Earth in the optimal position in relation to the Sun and Moon for life to exist?
Mon 30/08/10 at 21:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
Could they exist? Yes they could.

Any reliable or genuine evidence? No.
Mon 30/08/10 at 20:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
To also say that they are not among us may be a bit naive as well, but as dav said, there is nothing to base it on fully, other than UFO sightings, which quickly get discredited by the governments.

I would also say I am open to the idea that life itself didn't originate here and perhaps WE ourselves evolved from bacteria from outer space. But again, I don't think we will find the answer to that one.
Mon 30/08/10 at 18:31
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I also find it difficult to believe that we are alone in the Universe, but given the complicated events that occured to allow life to develop on our planet, it does make you wonder what are the odds of something like that happening elsewhere. However I do understand the other side of the arguemt though. If the Universe does expand into infinium, then do 'odds' actually become redundant?
Mon 30/08/10 at 16:46
Regular
"And in last place.."
HM's opening 2 lines sum it up for me.

I don't think we have been visited although I have nothing to base that on but if alien life forms are capable of visiting us then we'd better hope they are friendly as their technology is way more advanced than ours.
Mon 30/08/10 at 11:43
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think we would be naive to think we were alone in this universe. It is so massive that I'm sure there is life somewhere else other than here.

Whether or not there is any truth in UFOs and aliens amongst us remains to be seen and down to whether the governments of the world are being entirely honest with any strange events.

As for my opinion, yes I believe there is life out there, but as to it have visited us or being advanced enough to be able to make contact, then probably not. Still, I am open to the idea that aliens could be amongst us, but I'd need to research into that thought more and weigh up whatever evidence there is to support it.
Sun 29/08/10 at 21:43
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Last year I watched a program about how we came into existance, and it got me thinking about the possibility of life in other galaxies.

Without going into too much 'boring' detail, billions of years ago Earth used to have a sister planet, and at some point, both planets collided which tilted Earth on it's axis, and also destroyed the sister planet. But from the debris of this event the Moon was formed.

Then through millions of years of evolution, life started to form as the Moon created the tides and the Sun provided the heat required to create this new life.

So without this 'chance' chain of events, would life as we know it even be possible at all?

If the answer to that question is no, then how would it be possible for life to exist anywhere else in this galaxy, let alone others, as what happened to Earth was very unique?

So is it possible that life exists elsewhere through a similar chain of events occuring, or are we actually alone as a result of some freak occurances, which has put Earth in the optimal position in relation to the Sun and Moon for life to exist?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.