GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA11"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 11'.
Thu 19/08/10 at 12:33
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
No doubt this will set records again once it is released on October 1st, it surprises me there have been no threads about this yet.

From all the hype and blurb released so far, it seems the big changes this year include an update to the passing system, making it more 'skill based', improved player personality and goalkeeping plus the option to turn on handballs.

If the handball option is done properly it could turn out to be a great addition.

Although, personally I wont be buying this straight off as Football Manager is due to be released around the same, along with the WoW expansion.

Gameplay Trailer
Personality+ Trailer
Fri 24/09/10 at 13:28
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I prefer Fifa to Pro Evo. I don't like the movement in Pro Evo. The only problem I have with Fifa at the moment is the same recycled commentary from 4 years ago.
Fri 24/09/10 at 12:26
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I'm of a completely different opinion to you guys, I much prefer the FIFA demo over the Pro Evo one. The new passing system actually rewards skill and judgement over the ability to ping-pong the ball through your entire team.

If you actually watch the players and play them for a decent amount of time you will notice the 'Personality+' traits for the big players. Messi and Ronaldo both look and feel unique, which is a great improvement.

Saying that though, I still have no interest in purchasing either of these games any time soon.
Thu 23/09/10 at 17:49
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Lol well on the demo you can't. Presumably in the full game you
> can, but I didn't want to presume you can. If you can, that's
> great :D

You can if you do it while in game.
Thu 23/09/10 at 17:00
Regular
For some crazy reason, I'm really tempted by Black Ops. I've got MW2 and haven't played it in at least 3 months (though I'm tempted to have a quick play soon), I quite liked the game though back when I was playing it daily. I'll hopefully come to my senses and save myself £40 odd.

The only games definitely on my 'to buy' list for the next couple of months are Football Manager 2011 and NBA 2K11. Though I'm tempted to pick up Fallout 3, GT5 and Black Ops.

I feel we're straying from the subject here so:

something about FIFA11 blah red card andy gray blah.
Thu 23/09/10 at 14:42
Regular
"How Ironic"
Lol well on the demo you can't. Presumably in the full game you can, but I didn't want to presume you can. If you can, that's great :D
Thu 23/09/10 at 14:34
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Sonic Chris wrote:
. And of course changing the cross and shoot
> buttons round.

Change the controls in the options menu??
Thu 23/09/10 at 14:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
We Xbox 360 players (Me and HM) don't have a valid opinion McLong ;D

I think I'll be getting FIFA 11 anyway to get me through the year. It's the first FIFA I've ever had to reconsider getting though. Really think that if Pro Evo can start implementing some of FIFA's features (they're bound to move in on the goalkeeper mode- they'll probably see how well it works for FIFA 11 first) and also, as said below, getting proper licenses, Pro Evo would win hands down. And of course changing the cross and shoot buttons round.

Other games in the pipeline:
F1 2010 (probably won't get, but am tempted)
NHL 11 (not too much different from NHL 10)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (will probably see it's reception first before buying, as Modern Warfare 2 is just aweful. At the moment I'm not impressed with it, looks like MW2 with a few extra weapons like the crossbow. Too gimicky for me.)

Nothing leaps out at me personally.

*EDIT* Before anyone mentions it, I don't play Halo, so that's off the cards :P
Thu 23/09/10 at 11:36
Regular
I've played both demos a fair amount and I've got to say I'm really not that impressed with FIFA. To be fair, I was never going to buy FIFA 11 anyway (too many real life injuries have been caused by FIFA 10), but I totally agree with SC's complaints below.

Pro Evo looked a tad better IMO, just got to get used to square being shoot when 1 on 1 with the keeper.

I'll stick with FM11 this year for my football gaming fix.
Wed 22/09/10 at 22:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
Uploaded a FIFA/PES comparison. Was originally HD, but was taking hours to upload to YouTube, so I've made the quality a bit worse. You can still see the gameplay clearly for each game though. Enjoy!

FIFA 11 vs PES 11
Tue 21/09/10 at 20:09
Regular
"How Ironic"
Just had my first in-match penalty shootout, and the penalties are ridiculous. Why can't they give you the reticule from the arena? It's already hard enough with it, without it, you just have to aim for the middle and hope for the best.

Becoming less impressed with FIFA 11 the more I try the demo. Too many misplaced passes for my liking, the gameplay is very groggy and slow and so much for this personality feature! Drogba couldn't sprint past Pique! Pique's good, but he's nowhere near as fast as Drogba!

Have to say, despite the fact that I've played FIFA all my life, I am extremely impressed with the Pro Evo 11 demo. If they could get the proper licensing, I'd probably buy it over FIFA. Although I want to play Goalkeeper mode. I hate EA >:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.