GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA11"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 11'.
Thu 19/08/10 at 12:33
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
No doubt this will set records again once it is released on October 1st, it surprises me there have been no threads about this yet.

From all the hype and blurb released so far, it seems the big changes this year include an update to the passing system, making it more 'skill based', improved player personality and goalkeeping plus the option to turn on handballs.

If the handball option is done properly it could turn out to be a great addition.

Although, personally I wont be buying this straight off as Football Manager is due to be released around the same, along with the WoW expansion.

Gameplay Trailer
Personality+ Trailer
Tue 05/04/11 at 16:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
I don't know why it would do it offline, it actually plays better online oddly enough.
Tue 05/04/11 at 15:27
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Yeah, I experienced that one a couple of weeks ago playing it with a couple of friends, they said it was just how it play on their PS3, but i've never had it before on mine (except of course online latency)
Tue 05/04/11 at 11:38
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Always happens during online play -_-

But offline it shouldn't obviously. Not seen that occur on any of the copies we have played fortunately.
Tue 05/04/11 at 10:35
Regular
"How Ironic"
HighflyerVII wrote:
What kind of glitches are we talking about, SC?

A freeze in gameplay, and then when the game does carry on, it has to catch up so it speeds up for a second. Always seems to happen to me at crucial moments.
Tue 05/04/11 at 10:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
HighflyerVII wrote:
Quite amusing. At the end of a half, you still have control over the players. As all mature people will do, the immediate reaction is to snap the closest person with a sliding tackle.

What I was unaware of, is that whilst this is not part of the play, and so is not disciplinable, injuries can still occur. As such, in the match I'm currently playing, Scholes had to be taken off injured due to a rousing tackle by David Silva after the half time whistle.

What was even more amusing was that after the substitution, at the end of the first passage of play, Scholes was shown on the floor, injured and unable to continue...despite having already been taken off :P

Saw this exact same thing yesterday :) Was going to mention it but thought it was just coincidental that they had subbed off the guy I clattered.
Mon 04/04/11 at 14:43
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
What kind of glitches are we talking about, SC?
Mon 04/04/11 at 14:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
Given up on FIFA right now, for some reason my game always glitches during matches now. It's a common problem, and for me, it's just horrible to play when it happens.
Mon 04/04/11 at 13:53
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Quite amusing. At the end of a half, you still have control over the players. As all mature people will do, the immediate reaction is to snap the closest person with a sliding tackle.

What I was unaware of, is that whilst this is not part of the play, and so is not disciplinable, injuries can still occur. As such, in the match I'm currently playing, Scholes had to be taken off injured due to a rousing tackle by David Silva after the half time whistle.

What was even more amusing was that after the substitution, at the end of the first passage of play, Scholes was shown on the floor, injured and unable to continue...despite having already been taken off :P
Fri 01/04/11 at 19:32
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Yeah, I think it's something to do with the fact that counter-attacking play tends to be the most effective on FIFA, and that, on lower levels, it's near impossible to do it until they're chasing the lead. Whereas on higher difficulties, this isn't the case, so whilst they carry a much more potent attacking threat, actually getting to the goal yourself is easier.

EDIT: In regards to online play, I hate rage-quitters

Played 6
Completed 3
Won 1
Drawn 1
Lost 1

¬_¬
Fri 01/04/11 at 18:55
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I noticed this too. Although I am not really good enough to play on world class.

I always play a new FIFA on semi when I first get it (as I've normally taken a break). After a few games I get back in and up it to pro.

I find legendary (on the odd occasion I play on it) to be easier ( or on par) with pro in some cases. Most of my goals come from breaking down the wings, and they just don't seem to like moving from almost wing sweepers on the less than high difficulties.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.