GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Concert Reviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/07 at 18:11
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
If you've been to a concert please feel free to leave a review.

TRAVIS
I went to see Travis last night at the Caird Hall in Dundeee. This was Travis's second gig of the tour to promote thier new album 'The Boy With No Name'
It all started with a support act called 'Brinkman' who battered out 8 songs in total. The music was played well and their songs were good but they didn' please the crowd. It would have been better if the kept playing music from the cd that kept skipping (it was more amusing) I had been standing at the front since 7 o'clock and Travis came on stage at 9, which is quite late for a concert.
Travis came onto stage to the theme tune from Rocky via the crowd which was funny.
The song list was amazing, a mixture of old and new made it great. This is the songs played. Not in order.
3 Times and You Lose
Colder
Closer
My Eyes
Eyes Wide Open
All I want To Do Is Rock
U16 Girls
Good Feeling
Selfish Jean
Drift Wood
Turn
Sing
Side
Flowers In The Window
Writing To Reach You
and the finale
Why Does It Always Rain On Me
Travis added a new addition to the band, Klos(dont know how to spell his name) who is Swedish and plays the keyboard.
There was stories who the came up with the songs and a great solo performance of Flowers in the Window by Fran.
The sound was great, i had 11 speakers in front of me, and everything could be heard.
Travis are great improvisors and decided to jump in the crowd and they are 1st class at working the crowd.
Reconemd the gig to anyone if you can get tickets.
Videos from the night, poor quality as my phone is naff
Link To Videos
Sun 20/05/07 at 12:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Saxon, London Astoria, May 15th.

Things kicked off with two decent support acts, the highlight being Masterplan's rather impressive drum solo, fitting in nicely with their melodic Power Metal stylings. Which warmed things up nicely for the headliners.

Just like when I saw them at the very same venue last April, Saxon were truly impressive. A strong mixture of the old (Heavy Metal Thunder, 20000 Feet, Strong arm of the Law, Crusader etc), and the new (Let Me Feel your Power, Witchfinder General, Atilla the Hun...); truly energetic performances, and the atmosphere was electric, a lot of people going a little mad. The final encore of Power & the Glory meant that it was a rush to get the last train Surrey-ward, but that's al part of the experience - and a great song to finish on! X^D

Next up? Megadeth or Scorpions, possibly both!
Thu 17/05/07 at 18:18
Regular
"lets go back"
I do believe the last gig I went to was The Red Hot Chilli Peppers about a year ago. This depresses me a lot. I used to love going to gigs. I'll have to check who it on in my area.
Thu 17/05/07 at 18:11
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
If you've been to a concert please feel free to leave a review.

TRAVIS
I went to see Travis last night at the Caird Hall in Dundeee. This was Travis's second gig of the tour to promote thier new album 'The Boy With No Name'
It all started with a support act called 'Brinkman' who battered out 8 songs in total. The music was played well and their songs were good but they didn' please the crowd. It would have been better if the kept playing music from the cd that kept skipping (it was more amusing) I had been standing at the front since 7 o'clock and Travis came on stage at 9, which is quite late for a concert.
Travis came onto stage to the theme tune from Rocky via the crowd which was funny.
The song list was amazing, a mixture of old and new made it great. This is the songs played. Not in order.
3 Times and You Lose
Colder
Closer
My Eyes
Eyes Wide Open
All I want To Do Is Rock
U16 Girls
Good Feeling
Selfish Jean
Drift Wood
Turn
Sing
Side
Flowers In The Window
Writing To Reach You
and the finale
Why Does It Always Rain On Me
Travis added a new addition to the band, Klos(dont know how to spell his name) who is Swedish and plays the keyboard.
There was stories who the came up with the songs and a great solo performance of Flowers in the Window by Fran.
The sound was great, i had 11 speakers in front of me, and everything could be heard.
Travis are great improvisors and decided to jump in the crowd and they are 1st class at working the crowd.
Reconemd the gig to anyone if you can get tickets.
Videos from the night, poor quality as my phone is naff
Link To Videos

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.