GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Concert Reviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/07 at 18:11
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
If you've been to a concert please feel free to leave a review.

TRAVIS
I went to see Travis last night at the Caird Hall in Dundeee. This was Travis's second gig of the tour to promote thier new album 'The Boy With No Name'
It all started with a support act called 'Brinkman' who battered out 8 songs in total. The music was played well and their songs were good but they didn' please the crowd. It would have been better if the kept playing music from the cd that kept skipping (it was more amusing) I had been standing at the front since 7 o'clock and Travis came on stage at 9, which is quite late for a concert.
Travis came onto stage to the theme tune from Rocky via the crowd which was funny.
The song list was amazing, a mixture of old and new made it great. This is the songs played. Not in order.
3 Times and You Lose
Colder
Closer
My Eyes
Eyes Wide Open
All I want To Do Is Rock
U16 Girls
Good Feeling
Selfish Jean
Drift Wood
Turn
Sing
Side
Flowers In The Window
Writing To Reach You
and the finale
Why Does It Always Rain On Me
Travis added a new addition to the band, Klos(dont know how to spell his name) who is Swedish and plays the keyboard.
There was stories who the came up with the songs and a great solo performance of Flowers in the Window by Fran.
The sound was great, i had 11 speakers in front of me, and everything could be heard.
Travis are great improvisors and decided to jump in the crowd and they are 1st class at working the crowd.
Reconemd the gig to anyone if you can get tickets.
Videos from the night, poor quality as my phone is naff
Link To Videos
Fri 14/09/07 at 18:40
Regular
Enter Shikari are so awesome live, such a weird atmosphere. Saw them back in March/April a few weeks before their album came out. Really should of got tickets for their current tour but was a bit lazy :x
Fri 14/09/07 at 12:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Next gig: Heaven & Hell, November 10, Wembley Arena. First time Black Sabbath have toured with Dio on vocals since 1993, and Iced Earth are opening. Not a big fan of Lamb of God, who are support, but it should be an excellent show!

I'm coming down to Surrey especially for the gig, and might even go and see the Destruction/Onslaught gig in Kingston the night before. Full Metal Weekend! X^D

Maybe a couple of reviews are due too, seeing as this thread's alive again.

Reading Festival: Pretty good fun, highlights of the weekend were Gogol Bordello, Ash, Eagles of Death Metal, The Grit, Municipal Waste, Nine Inch Nails and various comedy acts (Including Hypno-Dog, where I did get hypnotised, and the hilarious Ricky Grover.) Still, wasn't a particularly good lineup as far as I was concerned, and RHCP were surprisingly poor.

Guilfest: First time I've stewarded a Festival, and it was great fun; worked with some great people! Had a few problems with punters, but mostly a good job. Managed to see a few bands too; Hell is for Heroes and Supergrass were both ok, but Uriah Heep were brilliant, even though they only played a short set; I managed to get Mick Box's guitar pick too.
Fri 14/09/07 at 01:25
Regular
OMG! I really want to see them. Where are you going to see them?!
Fri 14/09/07 at 00:03
Regular
"Mooching around"
Going to Enter Shikari, November 6[S]th
Thu 13/09/07 at 17:56
Regular
Going to Silverstein 16 November. Been to a fair few over the past year...including 30 seconds to mars, BMTH etc etc...
Wed 23/05/07 at 17:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
Oh that is good! That is pure spur of the moment genius! Send them my regards!
Tue 22/05/07 at 22:39
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
My mates are going to download, they are getting a bus (from Scotland there) and once it finishes have only 22 hours till there next exam, they are crazy
Mon 21/05/07 at 21:21
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm seeing Muse at the new Wembley arena soon :)
Mon 21/05/07 at 16:37
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Due to exams being rather close to the Download Festival (Damn! Look at this year's bands!), and having had a blast there last year, I'm going to Reading this August - anyone else going?
Mon 21/05/07 at 15:55
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
I'm planning to go and see Bryan Adams at Murryfield, Meat Loaf at the SECC and my brother bought tickets to see Rod Stewart so i might force myself to go to him if there is nothing else to do

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.