GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"slow slow slow internet!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/10 at 08:28
Regular
Ok so further to my calls yesterday about slow internet, and thanks for the call back last night saying there is no fault (been here before) my status update reads as follows,,,

Whole village and surrounding villages all afftected by this still! I went to BT speedtester this morning and it said my download speed was

Download speedachieved during the test was - 108 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

freeola suggest that I change my filters again (this was done within the last 2 months ) but ever the sucker I changed them all again, still no luck! should all the village change their filters? do you think that would help?

Hang on its nearly 8.30 the call centre is almost open, think all phone and take up the offer of an engineer call out and risk the £60 fee because clearly some thing is far wrong here even though BT wont admit that to Freeola, like I said we have been here before

Digi
Thu 05/08/10 at 16:39
Regular
Hi Hmmm

The £60 was a misprint on my sons behalf apperently it was going to be £160! any how I have service resumed thanks to 2 BT customers who phoned up their ISPs to complain both got the offer of a FREE engineer visit one for tomorrow the other for Tuesday, but in that time I think BT have remotely rebooted some thing, as the net is now flying as is possably faster than its ever been here is the latest result bear in mind at lunch time I acheived a download speed of 53Kbps

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6435 Kbps
Additional Information:

Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Digi,
> Any change in your broadband problems?
> Your line stats looked fantastic as usual - maximum possible
> sync for a 20CN line with the correct maximum IP Profile!
>
> Re. The £60 BT callout charge you mentioned - £188
> is often banded about if BT fail to find a problem with their kit
> :¬(
>
> With others in your village having the same problems you would
> hope that BT would be on the case pretty quick.
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 05/08/10 at 16:30
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,
Any change in your broadband problems?
Your line stats looked fantastic as usual - maximum possible sync for a 20CN line with the correct maximum IP Profile!

Re. The £60 BT callout charge you mentioned - £188 is often banded about if BT fail to find a problem with their kit :¬(

With others in your village having the same problems you would hope that BT would be on the case pretty quick.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 05/08/10 at 11:23
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Being a WOW player myself, I know how he feels.

I can only re-iterate my responses however, and I'll ensure our support team get onto it (as I am positive they are).
Thu 05/08/10 at 10:02
Regular
VENT VENT VENT and do you realise that whilst all this is going on my son says he is missing out on his daily frost badges on WOW and he muttered some thing about the Elfs taking over some where as well! i tell you we are all DOOMED! Doooomed I tell you :-)
Thu 05/08/10 at 09:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We do understand your frustration believe me, however as always we have certain boundaries to work within. There is no major fault in the error as listed by BT so we must investigate all issues individually following standard procedures.

I am sure you know by now that we will do all we can, where we can for you and all our customers.
Thu 05/08/10 at 09:06
Regular
Hi Warhunt

I need to VENT some where and and I dont want to shout down the phone at the call centre staff :-) its very frustrating knowing that the whole village and surronding area has a problem, and yet BT wholsale with all its high tech gear can report back to you and say "there is no problem" when clearly there is a big problem in this area - VENT VENT VENT - take a deep breath Digi :-)
Thu 05/08/10 at 08:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
My colleagues and even myself are doing what they can for you via official methods. Iam not going to comment on here further than this message to avoid confusion, and hence slow your resolution down.

It would be best to continue portraying your results via official means too, as you are unlikely to receive any official response on the forums when a member of staff is not on here. Please bear this in mind.
Thu 05/08/10 at 08:28
Regular
Ok so further to my calls yesterday about slow internet, and thanks for the call back last night saying there is no fault (been here before) my status update reads as follows,,,

Whole village and surrounding villages all afftected by this still! I went to BT speedtester this morning and it said my download speed was

Download speedachieved during the test was - 108 Kbps
Additional Information:

freeola suggest that I change my filters again (this was done within the last 2 months ) but ever the sucker I changed them all again, still no luck! should all the village change their filters? do you think that would help?

Hang on its nearly 8.30 the call centre is almost open, think all phone and take up the offer of an engineer call out and risk the £60 fee because clearly some thing is far wrong here even though BT wont admit that to Freeola, like I said we have been here before

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.