GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"slow slow slow internet!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/10 at 08:28
Regular
Ok so further to my calls yesterday about slow internet, and thanks for the call back last night saying there is no fault (been here before) my status update reads as follows,,,

Whole village and surrounding villages all afftected by this still! I went to BT speedtester this morning and it said my download speed was

Download speedachieved during the test was - 108 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

freeola suggest that I change my filters again (this was done within the last 2 months ) but ever the sucker I changed them all again, still no luck! should all the village change their filters? do you think that would help?

Hang on its nearly 8.30 the call centre is almost open, think all phone and take up the offer of an engineer call out and risk the £60 fee because clearly some thing is far wrong here even though BT wont admit that to Freeola, like I said we have been here before

Digi
Fri 13/08/10 at 17:10
Regular
! BUMP !
Wed 11/08/10 at 13:50
Regular
BUMP :-) just wondering Freeola if you ever received an apology from BTW about this? I know you have procedure that you had to go through with me, even though I did assure you that the whole village was off, have you taken them to task on them mis leading you lot?

Digi
Fri 06/08/10 at 09:20
"Are you sure?"
Looks good :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 06/08/10 at 04:57
Regular
This mornings result from BT speedtester site

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6677 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
Thu 05/08/10 at 18:44
"Are you sure?"
Not good! :¬(

Hopefully Freeola will investigate/complain as required.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 05/08/10 at 17:53
Regular
Yeah but it took a BT customer to get the fault found Hmmm and then FREE engineers call outs, Freeola were repeatedly told by BTW that there was NO FAULT - and I was at my wits end as I knew as did the whole village and surrounding area that there cleary was a fault
Thu 05/08/10 at 17:03
"Are you sure?"
Bit late - but there's now an MSO (Major Service Outage) report for your exchange showing 'Degraded Service'.

Took nearly a day to be picked up :¬(

Detected 05/08/2010 15:56
Started 04/08/2010 16:34
Actual Clear Time: 05/08/2010 16:04

I'm getting this info from a competitor's website hence the lack of link ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 05/08/10 at 16:57
"Are you sure?"
That must be either a typo or the checker isn't too accurate as earlier you had a 7150 IP Profile!?!

You should try another test at BT's official speedtester.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 05/08/10 at 16:48
Regular
just hit a download of 7452 on freeolas speed checker I have a sneaky feeling though that they are still meddling with some thing at the exchange, or there is a loose wire some where lol - being in the sticks as we are am guessing that some thing is nesting on the broadband box in the exchange.

Digi
Thu 05/08/10 at 16:46
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,
Glad to hear things got resolved :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.