GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"slow slow slow internet!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/10 at 08:28
Regular
Ok so further to my calls yesterday about slow internet, and thanks for the call back last night saying there is no fault (been here before) my status update reads as follows,,,

Whole village and surrounding villages all afftected by this still! I went to BT speedtester this morning and it said my download speed was

Download speedachieved during the test was - 108 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

freeola suggest that I change my filters again (this was done within the last 2 months ) but ever the sucker I changed them all again, still no luck! should all the village change their filters? do you think that would help?

Hang on its nearly 8.30 the call centre is almost open, think all phone and take up the offer of an engineer call out and risk the £60 fee because clearly some thing is far wrong here even though BT wont admit that to Freeola, like I said we have been here before

Digi
Fri 20/08/10 at 14:41
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not in ours.

It will always be the case that some people will report issues before they are officially picked up by BT. The fact remains that when diagnostics were run on your line there was no fault flagged up. It is possible that when other ISP's reported a similar issue to BTW they chose to run on-site testing and found a potential cause (This, I believe was also explained to you during one of your telephone conversations). If you had accepted the engineer visit, it is likely that he/she would have picked up this issue before another ISP.

No 'apology' will be forthcoming from BT Wholesale as none is required. Standard practises were followed by ourselves, our Wholesalers and BTW.
Fri 20/08/10 at 14:22
Regular
but the issue that needs resolved has not been resolved ie that despite repeated calls from you to BTW they were satified that there was no fault in my area surely you (Freeola ) as a company that prides its self on customer satisfaction, cant be happy with the answer from BTW when cleary there was an issue - they have made Freeola look silly in my opinion

Digi

A think what am looking for (no matter how long it takes) is an apology from BTW for them misleading you guys, I know that you all put in a lot of hard work those couuple of days, but from a customers point of veiw, it looks like to me that had it not been for a BT customer phoning in then this fault could still be a fault, yet BTW would still have ben saying there is no fault
Fri 20/08/10 at 12:33
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Again, this forum is not the way to go if you are looking for a quick reply to any queries, you know full-well the official channels for this.

From reading back through this entire thread, there is no information that hasn't already been shared that would need to be repeated. The likely reason that nobody has replied to this thread is because there is nothing else we can add that hasn't already been stated, further needlessly 'bumping' a resolved issue up the forum thread list.
Fri 20/08/10 at 05:29
Regular
Theres another day gone by and clearly Freeola are not going to reply via the forums on this one. I wonder why that is? surely this is good information to share.

Digi
Thu 19/08/10 at 07:45
Regular
Hi Hmmm NOPe, clearly they are sticking to the policy of this is no where to talk about this, although in my opinion it is a public forum to talk about such issues, so I dont see what they have an issue with on being upfront and honest with us. Clearly the whole village was OFF cleary there system was not showing that, clearly BTW were being less than helpfull to Freeola, and most importantly cleary I was the one being put out by all of this! but clearly Freeola support team either cant get a reply from BTW or dont want to rock the boat, but either way I do think they were misled and as a result I had to keep at them - am not a numpty all together and common sense should kick in at some point, when a whole village and surrounding area is off line then clearly there is an issue.

Can you tell am still not best pleased with the lack of answers

digi
Wed 18/08/10 at 20:11
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,
Did you ever get any feedback on this?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 16/08/10 at 13:50
Regular
Hi Butch and hmmm

There was mis information then and yes your right I did contacty the support manager but that was about deleting forwarding on my account nothing to do with this outage that our village had, the report that Hmmm refers to is available on on the internet it reads ....

BT Major Service Outages
BT Major Service Outages
This page shows more details on a particular BT Service Outage.

BBIP - HIWAY1-RB51A.ILFORD- LOSS OF RESILIENCE

Update Number FINAL
Detected 05/08/2010 15:56
Started 04/08/2010 16:34
Actual Clear Time: 05/08/2010 16:04
Area Codes 01450

the forums is as good a place as any to air this issue as other cutomers may well experiance the same problems that i did, in that the whole village and surrounding area were on poor and at times no service, repeated tests and calls from me to you and by freeola to BTW proved fruitless, yet calls from BT customers were being told there was an issue and then action was put in place to resolve the issue. Now that message above states clearly there was a MAJOR SERVICE OUTAGE - I do think there has been an information breakdown some where.
Sun 15/08/10 at 19:00
"Are you sure?"
Butch wrote:
> For what it is worth, BT Wholesale did not open an MSO in your
> area during this period...

Sorry to be a pain Butch but please see my earlier post - there was a BT MSO for a Degraded service for Digi's exchange.

If you look at his exchange history you can see the details.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 15/08/10 at 10:37
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
From looking into your account I can see you have had contact with the Support Manager in regards to your reported problem, this would have given you all the information we had available. You know full well these forums are not an official method of contacting the Support Team.

For what it is worth, BT Wholesale did not open an MSO in your area during this period, there was no 'mis-leading' taking place by them, or anybody else for that matter.
Sun 15/08/10 at 09:56
Regular
~BUMP~ I know your out there and this does deserve an answer please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.